Carnival Excursions..grrrrrrr

I'm not so sure she's talking about missing the ship. She stated earlier that she needed to be back onboard the ship by 3:45pm to get ready for dinner and the ferry schedule wouldn't get her back by then.

Bill

You're right, I missed that. That is why I always do the late seating because I hate being rushed after a tour, but especially on formal night when I like to take the extra time to look "fab" :D

Anyone going to or has been to Virgin Gorda on an excursion through Carnival recently? What is/has Carnival charged for this?

Out of 5 ports of calls, Carnival only has 2 ports listed for excursions. And, those 2 ports, we are booking private tours.....:rolleyes:

Several from our Roll Call have called Carnival and we all get the same answer, "Check back next week, they will be posted".......This has been going on for months now and it's a tad bit frustrating to try and plan our week....

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Michelle

With all the routing and itinerary changes that have been made in the last month or so, they are probably having to renegotiate a lot of tours with the local operators..... I'm sure they are backed up and working like crazy. Keep an eye on things.......perhaps your will pop up soon.

. . . .I'm sure they are backed up . . .

Well' date=' then those wonderful folks in their website department need to use better medications. :p:p:p [/color']

That was my guess all along as well. Glad we agree. :D

If i remember right the ferry is every hour, figure out which one is the last right before you have to be on board, and schedule yourself to be on the one before that. There ferry are how the locals get back and forth to work they run pretty much on time.

The ferries from Tortola to Virgin Gorda run at:

9am, 10am,10:30am,12 noon,1:30pm, and 4:30pm on Speedys ferry.

7am,8:50am,12:30pm and 3:15pm on Smiths ferry.

Coming back to Tortola from Virgin Gorda:

8am,10am,11:30am,12:30pm,2:45pm,and 3:30pm on Speedys

10:15am,2:15pm,,4:00pm, and 5:00pm on Smiths ferry

The times in bold print run on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.

Bill

With all the routing and itinerary changes that have been made in the last month or so' date=' they are probably having to renegotiate a lot of tours with the local operators..... I'm sure they are backed up and working like crazy. Keep an eye on things.......perhaps your will pop up soon.[/quote']

Hmm...interesting, that's the excuse they gave us MONTHS ago....I'm not holding my breathe on that one.

The ferries from Tortola to Virgin Gorda run at:

9am, 10am,10:30am,12 noon,1:30pm, and 4:30pm on Speedys ferry.

7am,8:50am,12:30pm and 3:15pm on Smiths ferry.

Coming back to Tortola from Virgin Gorda:

8am,10am,11:30am,12:30pm,2:45pm,and 3:30pm on Speedys

10:15am,2:15pm,,4:00pm, and 5:00pm on Smiths ferry

The times in bold print run on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.

Bill

Thanks, Bill! You've been a tremendous help. th_bigsquishy.gif

We are in Tortola on Thursday so I think the 2:45 ferry back would have us back on Roadtown for 3:30.

THANKS AGAIN

We're on the Nov. 2 Triumph cruise out of Miami. However, since they don't send documents, we've tried w/o success to print them. So far, no success. They ask for a file name.

Also, our documents show that we depart on Saturday, which is Nov. 1, but everywhere else, it's Sunday, Nov. 2. And it appears that they may have reversed the order of the islands with Jamica first, rather than Cozumel. What gives??

And last, everytime we try to reserve any shore excursions for either Grand Cayman, Jamaica, or Cozumel, they will only show two submarine excursions at Grand Cayman, even when we try the other two islands. It appears that we'll either just remain on board or walk around on our own.

Although we've sailed on RC, Princess, and Celebrity, this is our first try with Carnival. So far, so bad. If we can't get our documents, correct dates, or any excursions, this will be our last on Carnival. Dang it!!

Randy

Bowie, MD

We're on the Nov. 2 Triumph cruise out of Miami. However, since they don't send documents, we've tried w/o success to print them. So far, no success. They ask for a file name.

Also, our documents show that we depart on Saturday, which is Nov. 1, but everywhere else, it's Sunday, Nov. 2. And it appears that they may have reversed the order of the islands with Jamica first, rather than Cozumel. What gives??

And last, everytime we try to reserve any shore excursions for either Grand Cayman, Jamaica, or Cozumel, they will only show two submarine excursions at Grand Cayman, even when we try the other two islands. It appears that we'll either just remain on board or walk around on our own.

Although we've sailed on RC, Princess, and Celebrity, this is our first try with Carnival. So far, so bad. If we can't get our documents, correct dates, or any excursions, this will be our last on Carnival. Dang it!!

Randy

Bowie, MD

What browser are you using? I use Mozilla and it won't let me view my Docs. Have to open IE and view them that way.

I read another thread here about them doing a reversal of ports. Not sure why but, they have.

Check out this link for Itinerary and Deployment changes. https://www.bookccl.com/irman/replacement_cruises/deploy_master.html

Looks like our cruise is not the only one with excursion problems....

I can totaly relate about the frustrations on the lack of excursions.

If your reading this CARNIVAL, POST THE EXCURSIONS ALREADY!:mad:

Thanks, Bill! You've been a tremendous help. th_bigsquishy.gif

We are in Tortola on Thursday so I think the 2:45 ferry back would have us back on Roadtown for 3:30.

THANKS AGAIN

You are very welcome. I hope whichever way you choose to do this you have a great time.

We did it a few years back and it is well worth the effort.:)

Bill

Randy

Bowie, MD

did you book Carnival air? Maybe they have you flying the day before?

The only Carnival ships that sail in the 1st is Glory and Liberty.

Hopefully you're not booked on the wrong cruise.

As mentioned above use IE 7.0. I use Firefox and couldn't view mine either until I switched browsers.

Good Luck

Bill

Off topic. Are you going to Alaska out of Vancouver?

That was the plan but there is a very high probability (99%) that we are canceling. The airfare is going to cost more than the cruise and the prices on the excursions are very different (higher) compared to the Caribbean.

Bill

Archived