Dress codes for kids

weezlesgirl

One suggestion for you is a pair of convertible pants. Granted they look better on men, but greta being abel to wear shorts and just pu ton leg pieces fo rchurches and the like. used them on a 2 week trip to Italy in summer and it was great. If you have any worries about daughter just bring a light cotton blanket/wrap for her.

My in-laws are from Egypt. While they are not as strict/conservative there about the dress codes for little girls as opposed to women, if you are planning on visiting any of the mosques, I would make sure you had something to cover at least her shoulders and preferably her arms and legs, just out of respect. They don't expect little bitty girls like your DD to cover their hair (my DD did in the mosques when she was 7, though). When I was in Egypt, I wore long pants (it was Dec, so not really warm enough for shorts anyway, but even in hot weather I would have worn long pants) and short-sleeved shirts, and had a light long-sleeved shirt and scarf to put on my arms and head for the mosques. Plenty of the Egyptian women were dressed the same way.

I know some of the churches in Italy, especially the Vatican, have dress codes, too, but I don't know how they apply to bitty girls.

Archived