Linux computer & onboard wifi?

Seenie

I'm travelling with a linux-based netbook (Acer Aspire One, similar to eeePC). My browser is Mozilla Firefox.

Am I going to have problems using the wifi on Millennium? Anyone with experience using a Linux sys?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It looks like I'll be fine -- may have to do the initial account set up at the computer lab, but after that there shouldn't be a problem.

The link is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=855343

I will report how it works -- with any luck, from my Aspire One on the Millie!

Thanks, everyone. Looks like I can stop worrying about this now.

A plug for eeePC: for those of you who haven't "met" one yet, it is the cutest, lightest (2 lb.) "netbook" you've ever seen. And at a price of between $300 and $400, you can afford to take it with you: if it gets stolen or you spill your margarita on it, your day is ruined, but not your holiday. It's just the ticket for a bit of surfing, email and picture sorting.

I've recently traded up to an Acer Aspire One, mostly because I touch type and the eee keyboard is just a wee bit small for me. I hope I like the AA1 (which has about an inch more keyboard width) as well as I liked my eeePC.

I find the eee PC 1000 with it's 10" screen and almost full keyboard to be extremely easy to touch type on. If that's a concern, you might consider the new mini-notebook from HP which has a 9 inch screen and a keyboard which is 92% of full sized.

Archived