Celebrity Century or HAL Zuiderdam?

momrox1

I know I took two cruises in March but my daughter worked so hard all year to get deans list....Here's the scenario...two women, two twenty year old daughters, which ship? I've been on Zuiderdam, in a suite, never on Century, but this time will be inside cabinfor either ship. We don't like loud, we like to have fun at night, dance a bit, lounge during the days.

thanks!!!!!!!!

Judy -

Horizon

Zenith

Grandeur of Seas

Nordic Empress

Constellation

Zuiderdam

Millenium

Zaandam

yYour best bet would be the Century. HAL tends toward an older crowd with a target passenger being 50+. With that in mind, HAL might be a little tough on the daughters.

RICK

Galaxy 3/01 SC, 9/02 WC

Century 1/02 WC

Brilliance of the Seas 3/03 W/SC

Fascination 1/04 - Bahamas

Mercury 1/04 - Mexican Riveria

Summit 4/16/04- Eastern/Southern Caribbean, 10 days

Galaxy 12/30/04 - Panama Canal

Hi Judy!

I love the Century been on it 4 times, but for the daughters, I feel the Zuiderdam would be a little more lively...and you and I know it was inspite of all us "old folks" LOL icon_biggrin.gif. The Century is great until about 2 am and then it seemed the Hemisphere closes down and and it gets quiet..but like I said I love the Century..it's just the Zuiderdam had more active participation from the staff and crew....and I think the girls would enjoy that more.

Ruthann

I can't tell you about HAL..never sailed them but I have been on the CENTURY twice in the last 11 months icon_biggrin.gif.

She is marvelous....I wrote 2 different reviews, one is on "members reviews"...the other is on the Review Board, if you care to read them.

I know it probably sounds mushy..LOL...but she is a beautiful vessel..and I could probably sail 100 others and she will always be my favoriteicon_smile.gif.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

Both are excellent choices. I have not been on the Zee yet (I am working on getting on the Oosterdam or the Westerdam when it finally gets over here) but I have been on the Veendam and have a good feel for HAL. Check out my web page at www.celebrity-century.com to see my personal comparison of the two lines and the ships.

Everything about the Veendam applies to the Zuiderdam except that the Zuiderdam has a younger crowd, more passengers, and is a bit more "Carnival"

I would say it is a tossup. Where can you get the best prices?

Thanks to all who responded. (Hi Ruthann!)

In the end, the girls decided they liked the itinerary of the Century better, and that age and size (the ships, not mine) didn't matter much.

So now I look forward to another cruise in 6 weeks and the wonderful opportunity to share some girl time with my hard working daughter. (She observed two days psych and history at the local high school on her spring break, worked full time the rest of the week and picked up a nasty cold for her efforts-she so deserved this!)

Bon Voyage icon_smile.gif

Judy

Hi Judy..have a wonderful time on my favorite ship icon_biggrin.gif..wanna adopt me? (as a sister of course icon_wink.gif).

Mom..one of my reviews is when you click onto "CENTURY"...to the right on this page..click on "Member Reviews".

The other one is over on the "Cruise Review" forum.

You and your girls will love Century!!!! We LOVED inside on SKY DECK when we sailed her. There were lots of teens/late teens/early 20's when we were on which was end of April/beg of May a few yrs ago. Have a fun trip!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by momrox1:

May 22 or 46 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, if I had a choice between leaving May 22 or taking a 46 day trip. I would go for the 46 day trip no matter when it left! icon_wink.gif

chuckle chuckle -

We'll all take the 46 day cruise to nowhere. You can bring as much and any kind of booze as you like, wear whatever you want, be rude to everybody and anybody i.e. shoving etc allowed, push the photographers overboard when you've had enough of them, oh yeah, and set fire to the chefs hat if you don't like the evenings dessert choices. icon_biggrin.gif heehee

One more thing-upon your return you can complain about everybody else on the cruise icon_razz.gif

Archived