First Time This Month - few questions

Daleed77

We are taking our first Princess cruise at the end of the month - CB from Brooklyn to San Juan. I hope the engines hold out :)

Anyway, I have a few last minute questions that I hope people can answer.

1. We have anytime dining. Does that mean that we'll never be in the main dining room? I know there has been conversations about reservations, but I wasn't clear on this. Also, is there a method to the madness that I should know.

2. Loungers - Are loungers pretty available? More importantly is there areas with shade? One of us (not me) burns very easily even with sun screen.

3. Wine Card - Does princess do this?

4. Workout/Spa - do they offer steam/sauna for free? Or is part of the thermal suite that I read about.

Many thanks!!!

We are taking our first Princess cruise at the end of the month - CB from Brooklyn to San Juan. I hope the engines hold out :)

1. We have anytime dining. Does that mean that we'll never be in the main dining room? I know there has been conversations about reservations, but I wasn't clear on this. Also, is there a method to the madness that I should know.

2. Loungers - Are loungers pretty available? More importantly is there areas with shade? One of us (not me) burns very easily even with sun screen.

4. Workout/Spa - do they offer steam/sauna for free? Or is part of the thermal suite that I read about.

Many thanks!!!

Hi I only know about Sun and Dawn Princess.

The sauna and steam rooms are free of charge but you should probably book a time for them.

Plenty of loungers and they are quite strict about them being 'saved' you can move thm if rquired to a shady spot we did.

There was no wine card

Anytime dining means you do not have a reservd space in the restaurants but we found that if you wanted to go on one specific night or two if you spoke with thr head waiter he would agree to find you a space that particular night.

Enjoy your cruise:o

1. You can make standing reservations on some ships for a specific time & table but don't always count on doing so. Otherwise they'll make you call each day at 8 AM to do it daily. Eating early avoids the crowds that cause the big waits you've been reading about.

2. The lounge chairs in the shade are usually not as sought after as those around the pool which are out in full sun. You can hang a beach bag or something else on the chairs to hold it for a short time (30 minutes) while away - bathroom, pool, quick bite to eat.

3.?

4. The steam room is free (or use to be). My wife always just goes in without reservations - I didn't think anyone needed them but if it were to get crowded I suppose you might.

Daleed

Good luck with this one. :D

Just wondering, did they change\alter the times in port?

There are TWO Anytime dining rooms.

You can reserve for the entire week, if you like your waiter.

Aft pool has the most shade

No!

4. Workout/Spa - do they offer steam/sauna for free?

Free!

There are 4 main dining rooms. Two are traditional (fixed seating times) and two are anytime dining (Palm & Coral dining rooms).

They all have the same menu and look almost identical.

Anyone can also choose to use the buffets of course.

With anytime dining if there is a wait they will give you a beeper and you can go to one of the lounges and have a drink or relax.

The spa pool in the front of the ship is shaded with a overhang around the pool, then there are other shaded spots throughout the ship too. Easier to find open lounge chairs farther away from the pools edge too.

Have Fun!

We'll be sailing at the end of the month and I'll report back re: waits for anytime. I have sailed manytimes, always with anytime dining, and we rarely have been asked to wait. We have eaten as a party of four, party of two and also enjoy joining other diners at a large table.

That is true, you will not be able to eat in the traditional dining room which is the Island. You will be able to eat in the Palm or the Coral. You can call the reservation number and try to get a reservation. It will have to be up to 6pm or after 8pm as reservations are not taken between those hours. If you want to get in to the dining room easily, show up before 6pm. Also, if the Coral is busy (midship) go to the Palm (aft) which is bigger and is harder for people to find.

Around the main pool area you may have a harder time getting a shady seat as those go fast. In the aft area, there are chairs under Skywalkers that stay shady most of the time. If you just want to relax indoors, Skywalkers is open during the day (no bar service) and is a terrific place to read a book or just watch the ocean go by. There is rarely more than a couple of people up there during the day and the views are tremendous from that high up!

I don't think so. You can bring one bottle per person with you when you embark.

Many thanks!!!

There are 4 main dining rooms. Two are traditional (fixed seating times) and two are anytime dining (Palm & Coral dining rooms).

Can someone explain the two fixed seating dining rooms? I thought there was only ONE traditional dining room and TWO anytime Dining options?

If there are in fact 2 rooms for traditional, fixed seating, do you have a choice as to which room?

Can someone explain the two fixed seating dining rooms? I thought there was only ONE traditional dining room and TWO anytime Dining options?

If there are in fact 2 rooms for traditional, fixed seating, do you have a choice as to which room?

On the Caribbean Princess there is only one traditional dining room called the Island.

At booking you choose between Traditional dining in the dining Room(s) and Anytime dining; you're not able to switch back and forth at will. If you choose Traditional Dining you're assigned a Dining Room, Table and Time. ken

As others have said, there are two Anytime dining rooms on the Caribbean Princess and one Traditional dining room. As a Anytime diner, you can go to either of the Anytime dining rooms. You cannot however go to the Traditional dining room unless assigned there. None of the three dining rooms are the "Main" dining room.

On the Caribbean Princess there is only one traditional dining room called the Island.

Oops

Sorry I had thought there were 2. We had anytime on the CB and alternated between the palm & coral.

Sandytoes - they haven't changed any port times yet. We only have one private excursions planned on Antigua, so we are going with the flow.

Lucky - we signed on the roll call a while ago! I see you have to come to my neighborhood to get on the ship! See you there!

Archived