Favorite Excursion/experience And Why??

cherun

ive heard great things about 7 mile.. is rum point a prettier beach.

It depends on your idea of pretty. :D

Seven Mile Beach is a long sandy stretch of flat sand, with few trees. It's very much the stereotypical caribbean beach, minus the annoying beach vendors. This is the main tourist stretch, with hotels, shopping, restaurants, etc. The two sections that most cruise ship visitors head to are Royal Palms and Sea Grape.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Mile_Beach,_Grand_Cayman

Rum Point is more "tropical island" feeling, with shady pine-type trees, hammocks, and (IMO) better snorkeling at a reasonable distance from shore. It's more secuded, and has exactly one beach bar/restaurant and one small gift shop.

http://www.eandbcaymans.com/2Attractions%20a%20Rum%20Point.htm

Both locations (Rum Point and Royal Palms/Sea Grape) have watersports rentals close by, restrooms, showers, food, drinks, etc. Seven Mile is closer to the port, and much easier to get to if your time on the island is short or you want to maximize your beach time (and cheaper to get to as well). Rum Point is really only reachable by rental car or by taking an excursion (either through the ship or through a private company).

Both have their merits and their drawbacks. It's really a matter of personal preference, but you can't go wrong with either beach...they're both awesome in their own ways...

If i dont want to go that far to rum point, then are there other places to snorkel that are still good but more reasonable in price??

will carnival have good excursions that dont cost a lot of money.. I will have to go on there and check it out?

for a while i was thinking of doing the waverunner tour to the wreck site.. but not sure if thats a good idea. its 150 for a two person jet ski.

If i dont want to go that far to rum point, then are there other places to snorkel that are still good but more reasonable in price??

Search in these forums for Eden Rock, Paradise, or Sunset House - three good snorkelling spots, two of which are even easy walking distance from the port. There are lots of threads about them...

just did the nativeway watersports excursion, sting ray, starfish and snorkeling. My email stated to meet at 9 a.m. EST. I did and the nativeway guy said to come back in an hour. they do not do daylight savings time. Anyway, we arrived back there hour later and they bussed us over to their boat. short drive. Saw many iguanas. there were 11 of us total, along with two tour guides and one photographer. they don't let you feed the stingrays anymore. We were able to kiss and hold the stingrays. We then got back on the boat and went a little further to do some snorkeling and then a little farther away to where the starfish were. The tour guide had to go down and get me a starfish. I couldn't hold my breath that long. We had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend them. I did buy the photos. It cost around $60 but it was for all of the pictures. So I would recommend getting as many pictures taken as possible if you are thinking of getting the pictures. I don't normally buy pictures but they did come out very good. The two men were very nice and they never asked or hinted about a tip. Again, I would highly recommend nativeway watersports.

Do you know what months they have a time other than ship time? Did you have problems contacting them? I've emailed several times this past week and faxed but no response. We would like to do that tour in early January but our ship gets to port at 8 and we didn't know if having to tender in would allow us to get to a 9 a.m. tour.

Do you know what months they have a time other than ship time? Did you have problems contacting them? I've emailed several times this past week and faxed but no response. We would like to do that tour in early January but our ship gets to port at 8 and we didn't know if having to tender in would allow us to get to a 9 a.m. tour.

You'll be able to do that easily! At least when we were in Grand Cayman just last month, we went down to the Venetian Palace (on Liberty) and they said, "You can go to the tender now" and we were on the island at 8:15.

No problems there. I have never dealt with Nativeway, but Kerry from Sotos said they've had internet problems. If Nativeway is on Grand Cayman maybe that's why you didn't hear. Try again as it might have gotten lost. The other thing I do is request a delivery confirmation and sometimes that makes sure it gets there.

HTH,

This is my dilemma too. I want the earliest possible stingray tour to have mor efree time to do other things. We may go with RCCL just to have a guaranteed departure but I prefer to book on the ship so it goes on the account. Or we may just hook up with someone as we get off the tender.

Do the preferred operators-Sotos, Captain Marvin and Moby Dick take walk up bookings?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived