Musical Chairs at Carnival

Mikel1733

I'm on my 3rd PVP at Carnival this year. I received an email today from someone I'd never heard of before at Carnival asking me for referrals of friends including their home phone numbers and email addresses. Would have been nice if they had called and introduced themselves as my new PVP first. :(

We have had the same wonderful PVP for 2 years. We borrowed her from my parents who have had her for 3..

Never has she asked for referals or friends and relatives names and numbers.. Things that make you go Hmmmmm????

The first PVP we had for several years and I really enjoyed. I realize people come and go and get promoted........but I'm not recommending anyone I don't know anything about and who has never even called to introduce themselves.

This is taken from my (legit) PVP's email signature.

"If any of your friends and/or family would also like to take advantage of any irresistible deals we may offer, please forward me their name, phone number, email addresses and I'll be sure to enlist them on my list of exclusive future carnival cruise specials.

Thank you in advance for your referrals, this is how I build my business."

How about this............

There’s plenty of fun for everyone aboard our fleet of floating resorts, so why not share it with your friends and family members. I’ll make it easy for you. All you have to do is give me their names, home phone numbers, or email addresses and I’ll take care of the rest.

How about this............

There’s plenty of fun for everyone aboard our fleet of floating resorts, so why not share it with your friends and family members. I’ll make it easy for you. All you have to do is give me their names, home phone numbers, or email addresses and I’ll take care of the rest.

Nope that's Bogus, dont fall for it!!;) The only time they will do that is when you get a PVP and then their e-mail address and name will come up wanting to see if you can reccommnd family members they dont go out and advertise unleess youve already given them permission!!;)

:confused: It's OK to mention a Carnival TA and not a online agency.

No, it's not!:cool:

Dont give that Info out at all heres My PVP ******** her hours are Monday Thru Thursday 10 AM to 7Pm Central time and if your eastern its 9am to 6pm! On fridays 8 to 5 pm central no weekends, shes good and can help you out!!! At least you know your dealing with a legit PVP!!!;)

Cruzntxn, CC rules do not allow posters to mention a specific PVP on the boards. Believe me, I love mine as well!

No, it's not!:cool:

Cruzntxn, CC rules do not allow posters to mention a specific PVP on the boards. Believe me, I love mine as well!

Maybe we could ask the Moderators to clarify it for me, they didnt chime in I thought Carnival was a part of their clients here and supported Carniaval:confused: Just a Question no rudeness Im New here and I guess Ill go over the rules again to see if thats in there, thank's for reminding me, so Ill just post to Mikel to Call a "Carnival PVP!! and try and find a good one!!;) They have advertisements all the time for Carnival Cruises and Cruise Critic Cruises as well! PVP's dont charge so i guess that's it!!;)

Advertising Guidelines

Heres what I read is that If your trying to sell a cruise or suggest the book a cruise and if your giving your e-MAIL OUT AS A Ta, or Recomending they book with this person then it's a violation I was just passing on Info and not telling them I sent him, but maybe I misinterperted the rules!!!;)

Advertising Is Not Allowed On Cruise Critic

Cruise Critic has strict guidelines prohibiting blatant advertising, commercial sales and solicitation posts on all of our message boards.

Our Cruise Boards are meant to be a cruiser's exchange of advice and tips where cruisers can talk about their travels -- not a marketplace for advertising and selling services. There are thousands of cruise professionals online and if we didn't insist on a non-solicitation policy the cruise boards would be very quickly overrun with nothing but ads.

Cruise Critic defines advertising as an individual or company's attempt to generate business or other commercial enterprise, either directly or indirectly, by using our Cruise Board. Solicitation includes, but is not limited to, requests to be E-mailed, the posting of phone numbers for your business, and the referring to or posting of one's own Web site address.

There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts will result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges

Maybe we could ask the Moderators to clarify it for me, they didnt chime in I thought Carnival was a part of their clients here and supported Carniaval:confused: Just a Question no rudeness Im New here and I guess Ill go over the rules again to see if thats in there, thank's for reminding me, so Ill just post to Mikel to Call a "Carnival PVP!! and try and find a good one!!;) They have advertisements all the time for Carnival Cruises and Cruise Critic Cruises as well! PVP's dont charge so i guess that's it!!;)

No worries! We were all new here at one time.

When you click on the guidelines link, under advertising is this paragraph:

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

And by the way, welcome to Cruise Critic!:)

Let me get up on my soapbox please = this is another GREAT reason to use a local travel agent.:D

I'm on my 3rd PVP at Carnival this year. I received an email today from someone I'd never heard of before at Carnival asking me for referrals of friends including their home phone numbers and email addresses. Would have been nice if they had called and introduced themselves as my new PVP first. :(

:confused: It's OK to mention a Carnival TA and not a online agency.

I'm sure many of us would love to share the names, ext.numbers, etc. of our wonderful PVPs (or TAs). I've used the same one for several cruises, and she's a gem....however, rules are rules.:)

Advertising Guidelines

Heres what I read is that If your trying to sell a cruise or suggest the book a cruise and if your giving your e-MAIL OUT AS A Ta, or Recomending they book with this person then it's a violation I was just passing on Info and not telling them I sent him, but maybe I misinterperted the rules!!!;)

Yes, you misinterpreted the rule. Giving out your PVP name or number is not allowed. I wish it were, but it isn't.

From the guidelines that you yourself posted:

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts will result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges

Ive cancelled my Membership here, due to someone here posting a complaint to Cruise Critic Community and the rude e-mail I received from them! Sorry if I upset the Applecart but they dont go by their own Guidelines, thanks for most of your Courteous responses and Id never use a TA after this!!:confused:

Ive cancelled my Membership here, due to someone here posting a complaint to Cruise Critic Community and the rude e-mail I received from them! Sorry if I upset the Applecart but they dont go by their own Guidelines, thanks for most of your Courteous responses and Id never use a TA after this!!:confused:

:confused: :confused:

Cruise Critic does not have anything to do with TA's.

Who doesn't go by their own guidelines? Your post is confusing.

Sorry if it makes you mad that there are guidelines on the site. We all agreed to them when we signed up for CC.

Best of luck to you.

:confused: :confused:

Cruise Critic does not have anything to do with TA's.

Who doesn't go by their own guidelines? Your post is confusing.

Sorry if it makes you mad that there are guidelines on the site. We all agreed to them when we signed up for CC.

Best of luck to you.

I think they were still having some difficulty understanding. She missed the personal cruise consultant part.

I think he's a guy......read some of his other posts, and he referred to his DW.

I don't know who tattled or why ~ even though he was being pretty argumentative, I didn't think it was over the top. I suspect it might have been due to a post of his that got deleted that named a PVP. The only reason I even saw that removed post is that another poster quoted it.

I just think it's too bad someone would get so mad about being reminded of the guidelines that they would storm off and not use Cruise Critic anymore. I don't always agree with things that are posted on here, but it doesn't mean I would boycott!

Archived