Seattle - Sheraton or Westin?

KAWS

We have decided to book a hotel downtown and will use air miles for our choice. We have been given the choice of Seattle Sheraton or the Westin Seattle. Both are considered the same level of hotel by Starwood and both are within a block or so of each other downtown.

Has anyone stayed in either of these hotels and can steer me in the right direction? They look pretty close in the way of luxury to me, but I'm sure someone has stayed in at least one of these hotels and can tell me more.

Thanks in advance!

We really enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton in May. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the restaurants were nice.

However, If the price had been the same when booking, I would've chosen the Westin over the Sheraton. We tend to be Westin fans, and slightly prefer the bedding and baths at Westins versus Sheratons.

I live here and have stayed at both the Sheraton and the Westin for one-night stays. They are both nice hotels, right in downtown, but I would probably pick the Sheraton over the Westin simply because it's closer to a few more of the retail stores I prefer. They are both in walking distance to Pike Place Market and a ton of stuff to do, so you may just want to make your choice based on best price.

Ha! Just realized you are using air miles and not cash. In that case...Sheraton gets better reviews online than the Westin does, but they are both truly very nice. I guess I'm no help! :(

Hi, I stayed at the Westin last month and it was lovely:) and the

bed was really comfy!

Can't give you an opinion about the Sheraton since I have

not stayed there.

Would I stay at the Westin again? Yes:D

Would I stay at a Sheraton too? Yes:D

I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Well we decided on the Westin. I had both websites open checking things back and forth and finally made my choice. I think we're going to be really happy. I almost choked when she told me the price of the hotel room (if we didn't cancel or show up that night) - $400!! Yikes. I'm sure that's a rack rate, but still.

I think for dinner that night we're going to go to The Pink Door in Pike's Market.

Archived