Cruising on Superbowl Sunday.......... HELP!

Littlegoo75

Don't worry. They show the game. We have cruised on 2 super bowl Sundays and both times our team , the New England Patriots, were in it and won! (too bad we can't afford another cruise for a while!). They usually throw a super bowl party. Our first time was on the Paradise and they showed the game on a big screen in the Queen Mary Lounge which is in the back of the ship . They had a little buffet dinner just outside. this past February we were on the Triumph. sunday was the first formal night and they showed the game in the disco (lousy place to watch) and also in one of the bars. Actually I am sure it must have been shown at all the bars with tvs its just that they advertise they are having a super bowl party and tell you where. that is where they serve a small buffet for dinner so the football fans won't starve! Of course, every tv in the place had it (you could watch in your room if you wanted to but it is much more fun to be with a group of people).

Enjoy your cruise!

Wow! Thanks for letting me know, I feel better now. I hate that we'll miss the first dinner in the dining room, but Oh well, I'm sure an onboard Superbowl party will be a lot of fun! Not everyone can say that they got to watch the Superbowl at sea.

If my husband had to miss the Superbowl he would have been in a foul mood for the entire cruise. Men are funny that way. I wonder how many men will be left in the dining room that evening......

It could be a lot worse, if the Superbowl was the Sunday the cruise ends, it would be a disaster. Our flight is at 4 something pm, and get's back at 8 something pm. My husband would have flipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we sailed the Sensation earlier this year they had a Super Bowl Party.... and did NOT have the 2nd Production show on that sailing... all for football.. oh well... (we were not going to the show anyway...:D , been there, done that)

Tom

We we on a 10-day cruise this past January on the Celebrity Summitt and they had the game on all of the TV's in the bars and had a big screen in the Disco with a wonderful buffet. The only drawback was there was like a 3-4 second audio delay and it was in Spanish. It was on ESPN Espanial (not sure of the spelling). It was a really neat experience. We also missed the now infamous wardrobe malfunction during Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlakes' performance. But at least we got to see the game!

Yeah, we are setting sail on Superbowl Sunday....Even if it is broadcast in Spanish, that is fine, both the husband and I studied Espanol in college, and spent 5 years in Southern New Mexico, although for everyone else's sake I would hope since we will be setting sail from Miami, we can get it in English.

That would be great if they do Muster at half-time, that was pretty thoughtful.

I know what I am going to be stuck doing, running back and forth to the sushi bar getting my husband sushi while his butt is parked watching the game! I am the one that booked this cruise, then found out that it sailed on Superbowl Sunday.

• 2 months later...

Archived