Sensation docked in Cozumel???

awsmrn

I've never seen a ship go out and return when at any port. I know some passengers get off at a port, return for lunch, and get off again.;)

FYI - a quote from the 'Welcome Aboard' booklet:

"Can I use the ship in port?

Yes, by all means. While in port, your ship is still your home, and you should feel free to leave or return any time of day or night. Think of it as your home away from home."

Thanks For Your Post. Our First Cruise On The Holiday Did Not Stay Docked & We Had To Take A Tender To Back On. Which Took Like 30min Cause The Tender Could Not Get Lined Up Correctly.

By a chance do you have this port confused with Grand Cayman- thats a tendered port and it does take a long time to get back onto the ship.

Cozumel there are three piers to dock at.

By a chance do you have this port confused with Grand Cayman- thats a tendered port and it does take a long time to get back onto the ship.

Cozumel there are three piers to dock at.

No I do not have the ports confused we were at Cozumel. I wonder if it had something to do with the Hurricanes that made other ships re-route to Cozumel?

I know last winter the Paradise cruisers would have to tender in at Cozumel when they arrived and then the ship would dock later in the day when a spot became available. There were so many ships in the port at one time there just wasn't room for all of them to dock.

Thanks For Your Post. Our First Cruise On The Holiday Did Not Stay Docked & We Had To Take A Tender To Back On. Which Took Like 30min Cause The Tender Could Not Get Lined Up Correctly.

Wasn't that during the Florida hurricanes? There were many ships in Cozumel that were not scheduled to be there. I know we were on the Caribbean Princess and because the ports were closed in Florida we overnighted at the dock in Cozumel. When we went to bed the Sensation was tied up next to us, when we woke up the Paradise was tied up in its place...so that is probably why the Holiday had to tender...too many ships in port because of the ports being closed.

Archived