Questions Re: Fred Olsen (Braemar)

Marmaduke

I have a friend who is fly-cruising this Winter with Fred Olsen to the Caribbean. As she is anxious to keep her luggage weight to the minimum does any one know what toiletries Fred provides in a standard cabin ?

As Fred Olsen are one of the few cruise lines that have single cabins do they organise any special events for those travelling alone ?

Has anyone travelled on the Braemar since she was stretched ?Is it an improvement or not?

Any comments appreciated.

As a regular on Fred. Olsen I have found that the toiletries supplied seem to vary. Earlier this year there was a pack with shower gel, deodorant, shampoo etc. In addition, there is a dispenser of liquid soap. This is fine for short cruises ie 14 nights or less, but the pack does not always get replaced on longer trips without a deal of negotiation! However, most toilet items can be purchased on board.

There is always a meeting of solo cruisers which gives people a chance to integrate. However, as someone who sometimes travels alone I have found the ships very friendly and it is easy to mix with fellow passengers on similar interests.

Hope he/she enjoys the cruise.

Thank you Parsman for your reply. I have passed on your comments to my friend and told her to keep a look out for the solo cruisers meeting. I have only travelled once with Fred Olsen and that was back in 2002 (?) when Braemar was a fairly new addtion to the fleet. I also found the other passengers extremely friendly and had a very enjoyable cruise.

I have a friend who is fly-cruising this Winter with Fred Olsen to the Caribbean. As she is anxious to keep her luggage weight to the minimum does any one know what toiletries Fred provides in a standard cabin ?

As Fred Olsen are one of the few cruise lines that have single cabins do they organise any special events for those travelling alone ?

Has anyone travelled on the Braemar since she was stretched ?Is it an improvement or not?

Any comments appreciated.

Having just returned on the Black Prince, As mentioned toiletries are proved Shampoo etc even shoe polish and little sewing kit. in gauze bags also despensers with hand soap and shower gel both ok to use. Ours where topped up every other day, but we did have a great housekeeper Norie. she was a gem. Nothing was too much trouble for her

• 1 month later...

When we do our back to back cruises we find that everything

is replaced as a new cruise begins although we are in the same

cabin/suite new terry towling robe and all the shampoo and conditioners and the body lotions. However, they are much smaller

than when we first went on FO cruises.

But the little shop sells all of these needs on board.

Cruiseroz;)

As a regular on Fred. Olsen I have found that the toiletries supplied seem to vary. Earlier this year there was a pack with shower gel, deodorant, shampoo etc. In addition, there is a dispenser of liquid soap. This is fine for short cruises ie 14 nights or less, but the pack does not always get replaced on longer trips without a deal of negotiation! However, most toilet items can be purchased on board.

There is always a meeting of solo cruisers which gives people a chance to integrate. However, as someone who sometimes travels alone I have found the ships very friendly and it is easy to mix with fellow passengers on similar interests.

Hope he/she enjoys the cruise.

Archived