3rd Bed for 12 year old

FiggyWig

Hi All

We are booked aboard Celebrity Solstice for next summer in the Med, me, DH & DS (age 12). Never cruised before but ever increasingly excited and eagerly watching every snippet of info and detail that comes from these boards. We've chosen to have a regular balcony room on Sunrise and rather than having a trundle bed, we've selected to have a 3rd bed as pulman (out of ceiling/wall). My question is, how exactly does this work, anybody with any idea where this will be positioned. I've looked at recent pictures of staterooms, but cant imagine where these 3rd beds would be.

I know Solstice is still an unknown entity, but am guessing it wont be a whole lot different from other ships, so asking all you out there who are obviously Sooo experienced in cruising... I, however know nothing:o . Any views greatfully received.

thx

I am not sure on the Celebrity Solstice.

On the Princess Coral the bed was actually non existent during the day. The bed folds up into the ceiling during the day. At night the steward would pull it down and the bed (queen size bed below) was to the right and up toward the ceiling. The steward will put the bed up for the day. Grand daughter 9 slept in this bed and thought it was fine.:)

We've been in cabins where the pullman is over the bed and on others where it is over the sofa. Generally, if you don't use it at all, it will be all the way up and you won't even know that it is there. If you will be using it, it will be folded up during the day - either all the way up in the ceiling or part way so that it is folded flush parallel to the wall -- you won't really notice it but it may cover up the wall art if it is stored in this position. They are generally pretty comfy - most have their own little reading light and stuff.

Our son who is 14 always sleeps in a pullman, as others have said it will be pulled down at night for him. If this is your first cruise, you will i'm sure have a fantastic time. You can be sure it won't be your last.

Last year, when my daughter was 14, she slept in a pullman. She shared a cabin with her older brothers. They had the twins, and she had the pullman above one of them. The cabin steward was really good - he asked her which pullman she wanted (there were two) and made special towel animals for her and left them on her bed when he made it up at night, and had the ladder ready for her. One important thing to remember - a night light! Even with an outside room its really dark at night, and your pullman child will need to climb a ladder to get to the bathroom.

Archived