From Porthole To Windows?

cruzeluver

Currently were are booked in a 5A porthole stateroom on the Glory, Main deck forward. For $10 more per person I can move to a 6C oceanview midship on Main deck. Good idea?

I would do it. Those forward cabins can be an issue with waves crashing and docking noise.

Keep checking back, if you cruise isnt selling well, the price might end up being cheaper to get into a OV. So you could end up with some OBC.

I dont really get seasick, and as long as I can see out, I probably wouldnt bother, but like the 5As myself. A window is better, even though the location wouldnt be an issue with me.

Make sure the fees havent changed for the ports. I paid final payment and asked if I could pay to move to a 5A special and I would have had to pay the new fees too. Dont know which "fees" went up more than $20, so I said ok, forgetaboutit when they didnt want to take my extra money.

Currently were are booked in a 5A porthole stateroom on the Glory, Main deck forward. For $10 more per person I can move to a 6C oceanview midship on Main deck. Good idea?

Are you nuts? Thats a great upgrade - you shouldve jumped on it without any question - 5a (porthole window) to 6c midship for 10 bucks more - thats great !!!!!!!

I would most definitely take the midship with a full window. Love looking out especially at the ports. I'm on Main deck midship and have always had my cabin there, much less movement.

Thats the place for me too

The window size to me isnt the issue here, moving to the middle of the ship is the best benefit you will get, more stable in the middle if you have rough waters. Also you arent as apt to hear the anchor going down in the middle. You do up front.

My 2 cents

Being a solo cruiser, I usually get a porthole cabin - always thinking price....and I DO like those cabins very much. IF I were made that offer, though, I'm sure I would jump on it in a heartbeat.:)

Archived