Singles Matches

marvholly

Anyone used this program? How did it work out?

I lost my husband 8/03, cruised with daughter 3/04 but she is a) getting married, b) a teacher (premium $$). Can't afford to sail single (see a) and will want some kind of vacation and love to cruise.

Princess does have a Single share program -

Or have you ever tried looking at a site called JUGS: Just us Girls,

ie ; www.just-us-girls.net

It is a group of women who all like to cruise and sometimes are looking for a traveling partner.

Where do you live - sometimes I need a female traveling partner.

I am in California.

Anyone used this program? How did it work out?

I lost my husband 8/03, cruised with daughter 3/04 but she is a) getting married, b) a teacher (premium $$). Can't afford to sail single (see a) and will want some kind of vacation and love to cruise.

I am a solo sailor too. Many of the cruise lines offer single share programs ... Holland America is one. You pay the double occupancy rate, and if they can't match you up (with another same sex, non-smoking partner), you still get the double occupancy rate and have the cabin to yourself. The catch is, however, that the cabin category must be one of the larger ones ... you can't get the lowest category cabins in this program.

I find that if you look for deals, and don't try to sail in premium time periods, often you can get a very reasonable single supplement. Often it works out that you're not paying much more for the cabin by yourself than you would pay under the single share program with a larger cabin.

Single share programs are nice, but I personally don't like to take the chance. You never know what kind of a person you're gonna get, and what habits they may have that will annoy you and make your vacation less than optimal.

I'd rather look for "deals," and get my own cabin. I meet others through the different activities onboard and have always had a wonderful time traveling solo.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Kryos I agree with you I would not share.

Travel out of the holiday season and always get a good rate.

Princess treats you like a family member when on board...whether your single,a couple, or a family.

There are always other single guys and dolls on board........Princess always holds one gathering for singles at the start of every cruise...announced in the 'Patter'.

Book a cruise Marvholly,, Know it will be jump for you being so used to having someone with you.......go for it.... ..Kruisey.

No personal experience here, but if I were single and didn't want to go alone ~~ I'd look to my group of friends for a sailing partner, even if I had to pay a portion of their way. If the cruise line is charging you 150%, give the extra 50% toward the friend's expenses. It sounds like a win/win to me.

Yes I travel alone, yes I pay twice the rate that someone traveling with a friend does, no I haven't tried the sharing program but........

I met two women on my last cruise who had roomies set up by this program, one was ok with it and one was VERY displeased. The unhappy one said that though her travel buddy was pleasant enough she snored so that she couldn't get any sleep. One of the risks you take I guess.

Once I cruised with a friend of mine and she signed on after I'd paid the fee, including the single supplement (Princess almost always charges 200%). She ended up paying some additional taxes and all her own extra expenses and that was fine with me since I would have had to pay what I did anyway.

Be sure to look for deals on the lowest guaranteed cabin package you will be happy with. On my most recent cruise I paid less for the cabin than many people did for just themselves. The bottom line for me is that I won't share my vacation with a total stranger no matter how much it drops the price.

Archived