Which is better...Cayman Private Tours or RCL Excursions

niecyd

Hello,

I hope someone can help me make a decision. :confused: Is it better to do a private tour and if so, which tour company will give you more bang for your buck or should we book through Royal Caribbean's Cruiseline knowing we'll be secure? I would like to do a catamaran tour. I've never snorkel before but would love to learn how to. Who does beginners? I'm not to crazy about stingrays. I just want to enjoy a nice catamaran ride.

Having done both ship sponsored tours over the years and heading out on our own, depending on where we are, we typically prefer to go off and do our own thing. Grand Cayman is one of the islands where we will plan our own activities as the island is very easy and safe to be adventerous on. Specific to your question on catamarans, snorkeling, etc., I would suggest googling GC / island tours, etc., and check what is offered independant of the ships if you want, as they often are less costly and may be more flexible to your personal time schedules, etc. The last time we were there we did the Stingray City tour on our own, booking it in advance on line. The tour we were on actually left the dock next to the ship-sponsored one, but was less costly, had less people on it, and spent more time in the water there. This December we're renting a car and venturing off to explore things - like the Turtle Farm, Hell, etc. - that we haven't seen before. I always like to try to do things on our own when we can and where it makes sense - and GC is one of those places! I would think with a little research you can find a couple of tours to compare and should be able to plan your own day. Enjoy GC - it's a great island!

Having done both ship sponsored tours over the years and heading out on our own, depending on where we are, we typically prefer to go off and do our own thing. Grand Cayman is one of the islands where we will plan our own activities as the island is very easy and safe to be adventerous on. Specific to your question on catamarans, snorkeling, etc., I would suggest googling GC / island tours, etc., and check what is offered independant of the ships if you want, as they often are less costly and may be more flexible to your personal time schedules, etc. The last time we were there we did the Stingray City tour on our own, booking it in advance on line. The tour we were on actually left the dock next to the ship-sponsored one, but was less costly, had less people on it, and spent more time in the water there. This December we're renting a car and venturing off to explore things - like the Turtle Farm, Hell, etc. - that we haven't seen before. I always like to try to do things on our own when we can and where it makes sense - and GC is one of those places! I would think with a little research you can find a couple of tours to compare and should be able to plan your own day. Enjoy GC - it's a great island!

Thank you so much for your comments. I will do some research on GC private tours.:)

Archived