Upgrading or changing cabins???

denali99

Depends. If you booked thru a TA they may have a change fee, who did you book thru?

I called and asked to pay the difference on a upgrade, but fuel charges have gone up now to $9, were not that high when I booked, so I would also have to pay the new higher fuel surcharges, even though the price has dropped.

Maybe you could explain, was fuel lower when you booked?? Who did you book thru??

Call and ask. They did give me a better inside cabin, wouldnt move me to a OV, though to me both are a change in booking so dont know why one was allowed and not the other.

you can upgrade, change , downgrade. anything you want...as long as you are not within the penalty period, and depending on who you booked with. i booked with a PVP and originally booked 2nd week in september, lido deck mid-ship. then last week changed to 7th deck mid ship. then just this morning changed to 8th deck aft balcony ( this is the keeper i think!) and i have until december to change-that is when my penality period starts for my sailing in february. so if you used a pvp or did it on carnival.com it shouldnt be a problem, if you used a TA or internet agency then i wouldnt be so sure and they may have change fees associated with them besides the cost of the upgrade. The pvp and carnival.com charges just the cost of the upgrade.

Depends. If you booked thru a TA they may have a change fee, who did you book thru?

I called and asked to pay the difference on a upgrade, but fuel charges have gone up now to $9, were not that high when I booked, so I would also have to pay the new higher fuel surcharges, even though the price has dropped.

Maybe you could explain, was fuel lower when you booked?? Who did you book thru??

Call and ask. They did give me a better inside cabin, wouldnt move me to a OV, though to me both are a change in booking so dont know why one was allowed and not the other.

Firefly,

I changed an inside cabin to a balcony and my PVP told me since I was upgrading I would not incur the additional fuel charges. That was for our upcoming cruise in Oct

Does anybody know if there's a way to find which rooms are still available?

Also, if we decide to upgrade, can we just do it on Carnival's website? And how exactly do I do that?

I can't really find any information on the site except that you CAN upgrade before your sailing date, just not on the day of embarkation.

Thanks for helping a semi-newbie:)

you can look to do a new booking online and see SOME rooms that are available, if you booked through the website or a pvp you can do the upgrade online through the modify booking section...however you are better off calling your pvp because they can give you all available rooms in a section...i called mine and he gave me all the 8G rooms available for my sailing and what he gave me wasnt showing online, i ended up with a better room then had i just done it online....hope that makes sense

The price of our cruise next month (Nov) went down $72 per person, so I called our travel agent. He called Carnival and we originally booked a 4A and now we have on OV cat 5 and a $54 OBC. If you have booked a cruise and have paid in full, check out the new price the closer it gets to the sail date. Most of the time the price goes down. As far as the fuel surcharge goes, I think Carnival will be going back down, since the price of fuel is falling.

Archived