Majesty

k2

Thinking of taking a short cruise on Majesty... anyone sailed her lately? Will my kids enjoy it (3 day)?

A fantastic RCCL Ship! She recently received a wonderful makeover last year and she has a great children's program and offers a great cruise experience.

We really enjoyed the Majesty. There were tons of kids so I am sure if they like to socialize with other kids I am sure they will meet other kids with whom they can have fun!

It is a nice small ship and perfect for a weekend.

Hi. I've sailed the Majesty 4 times, and I think the ship is great. A smaller ship without some of the bells and whistles of the newer RCCL ships, but there is plenty to go, the staff and crew on the ship are great, and after the 2007 refurbishment, the ship looks fantastic. I would highly recommend it for a 3 or 4 night cruise experience -- you will definitely enjoy it. Go while you can, I heard rumors that it may be leaving the fleet in 2010.:(

• 1 year later...

Sounds great! Does anyone know if she is still scheduled for dry dock in early 2010? We are going for spring break in April. I am looking forward to the full days in port and full nights of activities... Probably won't get much rest!

We've only been on 4 night cruises on Majesty - but as everyone else noted - great little ship. We were on in November and she is in great condition.

With the addition of Johnny Rockets and the Compass Deli she has much more going on than Monarch.

We've only been on 4 night cruises on Majesty - but as everyone else noted - great little ship. We were on in November and she is in great condition.

With the addition of Johnny Rockets and the Compass Deli she has much more going on than Monarch.

Can you tell what the Compass Deli is and do they charge? Johnny Rockets still charges on this ship right?

Sounds great! Does anyone know if she is still scheduled for dry dock in early 2010? We are going for spring break in April. I am looking forward to the full days in port and full nights of activities... Probably won't get much rest!

The latest schedule I have says she will be in dry dock from Feb 1 -9. She has no cruise scheduled for that week so I assume she will be in dry dock.

I sailed the Majesty two weekends ago. I have also sailed on the Carnival Imagination / Fascination doing the same 3 day cruise 3 times. Overall, I prefer Carnival for the short cruises. I think the Imagination has a more fun decor and Carnival does a few little things that Royal does not (like lobster tail, beach towels in the stateroom, free 24 hour ice cream, and free espresso and capucino at dinner). Having said that, the service, food and adult entertainment were excellent. The cruise Director, Ricky Matthews was awesome. You also get two stops on this short cruise, and while I kinda missed my "day at sea", if you want to maximize beach time, this itinerary is better suited for it. There were not lots of kids on the cruise I was on, and the ones that were I hardly saw. There is a cover charge of $4.95 for Johnny Rockets, Compass deli sandwiches are included in the cruise price. I saw premade sandwiches, but I did not try any of them. Eat lunch in the dining room as the food there beats the Windjammer easily (if you are on the ship during the Nassau day).

Thanks Jaretr1, Were you on the 3 day? Was there any free icecream on the ship? Where is the deli located? How were the shows? Was there still a mid-night buffet one night? Thanks for the information!

Thanks Jaretr1, Were you on the 3 day? Was there any free icecream on the ship? Where is the deli located? How were the shows? Was there still a mid-night buffet one night? Thanks for the information!

I was on the 3 day.

They have one free ice cream machine thats available during afternoon hours buy the pool. The Deli and Johnny Rockets are both located above the Windjammer. They have one production show, called Boogie Wonderland (songs and music from the 70's) and I enjoyed it. The comedian was funny, and there was a juggler. They have one late night buffet which is the late night deck party. Since I ate at 8:45, I certainly wasn't hungry to eat again at 11:30. But there were lots of people on deck enjoying it.

Comparing this cruise to the Imagination, I would recommend booking whichever one is less expensive as they are both good. If the price is within $20pp, I would sail on the Imagination first, Majesty second.

Thanks for all the feedback. We are going on the 4 day in April. The rooms appear much smaller than the other rooms on the larger ships. Square foot is not a huge difference, but enough! Any other things I should know... the smallest ship that I have been on is the Enchantment/ Grandeur.

How old are your kids?

I did a 4 day cruise in November alone but as a test run to see if I could take my 2 daughters (7 and 8 years old). I had a nice time but I decided my kids would be bored on it.

There is not much in the way of family activites, unless they are in the kids club, and mine like to do things with me, and I felt it would have been hard to keep them entertained. I did check the kids clubs and the staff seemed nice, but they did tell me there were less than 50 kids on the cruise.

They could have spent lots of time in pool as no one was every in them, but it is not as much fun with no other kids, maybe if you go during spring break there would be more.

There is no shuffle board and the ping pong table is in the middle of the basket ball court so if someone was playing basketball it was hard to play ping pong.

There is the rock climbing wall but it only appeared to be open around 5:00.

I went to 2 of the shows and I did not think they would entertain kids, or was all that suitable for kids, and not much in the way of kid friendly shows on the TV.

The ice cream and Johnny Rockets would have been a hit with kids, but we can't eat all day.

For an adults only trip I would have no problem recommending it, but I am not taking my kids as there are better options for us.

I was on the 3 day.

They have one free ice cream machine thats available during afternoon hours buy the pool. The Deli and Johnny Rockets are both located above the Windjammer. They have one production show, called Boogie Wonderland (songs and music from the 70's) and I enjoyed it. The comedian was funny, and there was a juggler. They have one late night buffet which is the late night deck party. Since I ate at 8:45, I certainly wasn't hungry to eat again at 11:30. But there were lots of people on deck enjoying it.

Comparing this cruise to the Imagination, I would recommend booking whichever one is less expensive as they are both good. If the price is within $20pp, I would sail on the Imagination first, Majesty second.

We have been on both as well and I would have to pick the Majesty over Imagination. We found the Imagination more of a party ship and the ship was not as well maintained as Majesty.

We actually have a picture of myself in Nassau while on the Imagination, pointing to the Majesty and pretending to cry. These two lines have a totally different feel to them so pick carefully to make sure you enjoy yourself.

Wow! Thanks for all of the information. My kids are 10 and 13, but I am not looking for the ship to entertain them. We are in port everyday, so we will be off the ship quite a bit. At night we will take in a show and go to the one deck party. I have heard that the atmosphere on Carnival is more of a party, although it sounds fun, it is not what I am looking for at this time. I enjoy the RCCL experience and atmosphere. Thanks so much for you feedback.... Keep it coming!

Archived