FLL Post Cruise RCCL Airboat

bouhunter

Has anyone done the post cruise airboat excursion? We're heading to Key West after the cruise, but my brother-in-law is flying home and his flight doesn't leave FLL until 6:00PM. So he's considering the airboat excursion assuming they offer it from FLL ( I need to check online). I assume if it's available they keep track of your luggage, and transport you to the airport afterward?

Thanks for any comments or information!:)

We have done that excursion last year after our cruise on the Jewel of the Seas I found it very interesting took over 200 photos the aligators were amazing to see them up close so to speak from the airboat. they got us to the airport I believe around 12:30 - 1:00 pm.

It's worth doing.

Christine

We really enjoyed it as well, even though it was cold so the alligators did not come out for us. The airboat ride itself was very fun though. We also got to the airport around 1pm.

Your luggage comes on the bus with you for the entire excursion. Be aware though that at FLL you can only check in a maximum of 4 hours before your flight. Some airlines it's only 2-3 hours before your flight. Even if he does a post cruise excursion, he should consider using the Onboard Luggage Valet program if his airline participates. That way the cruiseline will check him in for his flights the last day on the ship and will transport his luggage to the airport for him - he won't have to worry about dealing with his luggage the day he disembarks in Ft. Lauderdale.

I was thinking about trying this out, but our flight leaves at 2:15. Royal Caribbean's website says that the excursion is only for those who have flights leaving at 2:30 or later. Is that 15 minutes really going to cause us problems? I don't really want to sit in the airport for 4 hours before our flight.

Archived