November 1st...D_Day..Want to join me?

Belle

Donna first.. then Melody and Me! Yea!

Wonder how Carolyn is doing?

Donna glad all your clothes fit. Mine too but

it's if I like them now..so will still try them all on.

You know even if at the same weight..sometimes

our bodies change shape which is the pits!

So will pick the ones I like.

Melody I'm sure your clothes will fit..just be strict

and get the water weight off from the Holidays.

Yes Melody we're going to the same ports we've been

to a few times. With the balcony I'm sure I will be staying more

on the ship too.

Also like to use the gym and pool when everyone is gone..so nice.

Will get off in one port and do the horseback riding I like.

We're all going to be having FUN SOON! Donna first!

I'm "back".. not sure if I wanted to come back or not...

had an "interesting" cruise.. had very little expectations...

unf. Libby was still not quite well when leaving home but we went to NY.

Well, Alex got sick night prior to Panama Canal and was sleeping through transit.. luckily immodium worked so Mike and he went on kayak excursion. Then it was my turn to "pray to porcelain god"... after day in Limon.. while being joined by Libby that evening) who stayed sick through New Years.. so, all in all, had sick family from day 5-8 of 10 night cruise.. and then Libby was sleeping alot, so stayed back quite a bit in room. also food was mediocre at best on Brilliance.. will probably "jump ship" and try another cruiseline.

How's everyone else doing.. I probably drank a bit more than I should (out of boredam) and unf. didn't sleep all I needed (w/sick kidlets). Hopefully Mike will get kids off to school so I can catch up w/zzzs tomorrow.

Carolyn

Carolyn glad to have you back! Sorry to hear about the sickness. My husband got sick on our last two cruises. He is to the point he is afraid to go. So, I'm praying he stays well on this one.

Belle I'm being strict! I went on induction once again Sunday and have walked every day since. Getting in a lot more water too.

On a good note. I have lost 10 of those water or what every pounds. Now, I have 15 pounds to go in less than 2 weeks. Better than the 25 reported on the day after, the day after Christmas. I now have three pair of shorts:)

Morning all,

Carolyn, Glad your back and everyone is finally healthy. We have been lucky on cruises but had several land trips interrupted by sickness and it really messes things up! Glad you mentioned that about the Brilliance since we were looking at her transatlantic. Of course, Joe has only narrowed it down to MSC, Costa, Celebrity, Carnival and RCI so we have a long way to go before we figure out what we are doing!

Melody, just stay focused! Joe tried on his cruise clothes last night and only one pair of casual pants fit. The rest are sitting on the dresser for him to try again on Friday morning. The part I hate is that they will probably fit him! If I did that, I would be in really deep trouble! We actually looked at the Liberty transatlantic when the schedule first came out but Joe dragged his heels and it was pretty much sold out before he had managed to come to a decision.

Belle, The ball skirt was the worst and stayed home in March because it wouldn't button so I am safe. However, between Y/E and Joe's interruptions in the last two days, I have not been good and need to get and stay focused. That skirt does not leave a lot of room for margin so will be worn on Sunday night and will wear the fly aways on Thursday night.

Ok, time to get moving and get ready to head to the office. Only 3 more days and we will be heading to the airport!

Where is your water?

Welcome Carolyn..Sorry your family and you were sick..look

at it this way..you had 6 good days! I hope you still had fun..really can't tell by your post. Hard to enjoy yourself when everyone is sick.

Hope you will get rest and think more of the good times.

Your next cruise..whenever it is WILL be BETTER!

Melody..How do you do it..lose so fast..10lbs all ready!

Congrats! Bet all your clothes will fit. I never lose fast,

never had. But yesterday I did drink tons of water and went to the gym and did lose a half a lb, only reason because it came on fast, off fast Wish could happen like that every day..don't we all?. It's getting closer our cruises.

Can't wait!

Donna..Yes your doing the right thing, wear the tight things first,

then the looser at the end. Don't we all do that? LOL

Your doing good thro..it didn't fit in March but it does now....

"Weigh to Go!"

Also that's right about men, they lose so much faster..not fair!

It's almost here Donna..Bon Voyage!

OK we all just have to be Strict..Good Water Drinkers and Exercisers

A question for us..we're being so good..How good are we being on the SHIP?

Carolyn..how good were you? Did you lose or gain?

Melody..How do you do it..lose so fast..10lbs all ready!

Congrats! Bet all your clothes will fit. I never lose fast,

never had. But yesterday I did drink tons of water and went to the gym and did lose a half a lb, only reason because it came on fast, off fast Wish could happen like that every day..don't we all?. It's getting closer our cruises.

Can't wait!

Belle I may be losing "fast" but, I also Gained fast. 20 in three weeks:( Also I am way heavier than you. Your working on your last five pounds and I still have thirty to go, sixty according to the doc.

I stalled today. Drinking water as we speak.

We actually looked at the Liberty transatlantic when the schedule first came out but Joe dragged his heels and it was pretty much sold out before he had managed to come to a decision.

Donna I booked the Liberty thru my TA and got a good price. Than an online kept sending me a better deal so, I booked it. I've been hoping my TA could get me the same deal and I'd cancel the online booking. But it doesn't look like that will happen. If you are truly interested I could see if I can switch the one with my TA to you. I only haven't canceled it yet because a co-working was on again off again thinking about going.

Hi all,

Belle, I think the knowledge to wear tight then loose is a genetic female trait. Dh will be miserable by the end of the cruise because He won't be organized that way and he will be getting off the ship in very tight clothes!

Melody, Wow, I will look at that itinerary again when we get back. I am pushing for 16 or 17 days on the transatlantic but I am flexible and that would be sooo cool to be on the ship together. Have to keep in mind though that Joe has a really hard time planning so far in advance so major arm twisting required around here. I have the opposite problem with the doc, he says 10 more lbs. and I am shooting for 40 (looks like really long term goal)!

Ok, I am up 1 from last Thursday and need to get it off by the time we leave. We are in the middle of our first "major" winter storm so will probably have to cancel my hair cut but it shouldn't be too bad for the cruise. Just re-schedule when we get back.

Off to get ready to play in the snow! Where is your water?

Melody..I wish I had only FIVE lbs to lose.

I have quite a few more lbs to lose.

Maybe I lose the same five lbs over and over! LOL

I think it's great that you can get your gain off

fast for your cruise. Wish I could lose fast. Never have,

just plug along. Our cruise date is getting closer!

Trying on all my clothes tomorrow or Friday. See what I'm taking.

You ready or waiting a little longer to try yours on?

A week from this Sat. we both leave!

Donna you leave Friday..don't you! You all

packed? My problem is my husband can eat and eat

on a cruise..his clothes never get tight! Now is that right?

You'll get that lb off I bet by Friday...drink that water!

Snow..if you can go to work in the snow you can get your hair cut..

what's more important? LOL I got mine cut already. Get my nails

done the Thursday before we go.

Well Donna I'm excited for you..it's almost here! Bon Voyage!

Morning all,

Foot of snow and still going! Needless to say can't wait to get out of here tomorrow morning! Changed from the one way rental to limo so will be picked up at 9:00 AM. Be in Houston at 3:30 then on to the Hotel Galvez for our New Year's Eve celebration.

Belle, good thing that the concensus was that my hair didn't need cutting. Somehow, my noon appointment didn't show on the computer so I was saved by the bell on that one. Problem was pulling off a 1 1/2 hour lunch this close to leaving. Work is only half way to the beauty shop. Keep in mind, we live absolutely in the middle of nowhere. 14 miles to anything worth going to! Lb. not off yet so might not happen but clothes fit so I am not obsessing.

I will be gone when you and Melody head out so I am going to say "Have the best cruise ever" before I forget. I'm sure we'll all pay the consequences when we get back but it will be well worth it!

Have a great day!

BON VOYAGE!

Sounds like you have a "great" night planned at the

Hotel before you cruise too! Enjoy!

I'm sure your hair looks great! Why travel in the snow,

stay at work and relax at your lunch..(yeah right..bet

they have you working)

I can't wait to go, we don't have snow but cold weather and rain

almost everyday! I want hot weather or at least warm!

Yes We are going to enjoy our selves on our cruises to much..

Wish we could come back without gains but think we all know

the answer to that!

We will have fun, enjoy the food and come back here and lose it.

RIGHT? Hope we three don't gain to much..hope not over THREE lbs!

If more hope it's water weight and comes off fast!

We all need to try to go to the gym a few times, walk and take

the stairs.

Again..Bon Voyage! Enjoy! We will be thinking of you.

Melody..How are you doing? Our turn is coming soon.

Bon Voyage everyone...

Belle, which cruise are you going on next? (I believe you're leaving soon?)

We still have Visions booked for Feb. 20th.. was going to cancel it when RCCL told me I was in "penalty" and would lose the deposit.. so went through and made final payment.. with ins. so "may" go (not sure) or get Libby's MD to put in claim for insurance (that was instructions I got from RCCL... aren't they "sweet" (NOT) since I just missed the canc by 3 days <thought final was 60 days out instead of 70> and I was so 'caught up w/getting her healthy from pneumonia) watching for some decent airfare from here to LAX.. would like to get to coast sometime soon..

Carolyn

You mean you went on a cruise in December, wasn't it a two week?

Now you get to go in Febuary? How lucky!

That is if Libby is well..how is she now?

It would be nice if you can make it as your Dec. one wasn't as good

as you wanted with Libby and others being sick.

I love the Vision, been on her twice, last time March 2004.

Carolyn Delta and now American have cut their Air Fares..check them out now bet you could get a good deal for LAX.

Yes I'm leaving on a cruise January 16th, same time as Melody but a different ship. Going on the Pride to the Mexican Riviera..Isn't that where your

going on the Vision?

Hope Libby is better and the rest of your family is doing alright. Bet your

tired taking care of everyone and deciding about the cruise..take it if you can and get some sun and relax a little. Is this one just for you and husband or the kids too?

Take Care...

BON VOYAGE! Donna

Well, It's you and me next Belle. Can't wait! I have everything packed that I can get into. I'll go thru the to tight pile again next friday night and see if I can't get another pair of shorts to fit, at least for the first day or two:)

I've stopped the induction lose at 10 pounds. The chances of getting the other 15 off are slim to non. (pun intended)

Carolyn I hope everyone gets well and the Feb cruise is a go. I'm so jealous of you:D

Melody, Not quite yet! Waiting for the driver and it dawned on me that this would be the last chance to wish you both great cruises since you'll be gone when we get back!

Have a wonderful time and we'll start this diet thing all over when we all return!

Computer going down! Time to start the party!

Belle,

Feb. cruise was an "impulse" booking I did last year after we got off Brilliance. Had a shipboard credit that needed a booking. So picked that date since pricing was "ok" and I thought I had some time to "play" with changing the deposit. Little did I know, with all the craziness going on w/Libby and trying to work on Mom's house, that RCCL's final payment was 70 days out instead of 60 (esp. since they NEVER sent me any paperwork since I booked over phone). Now I'm not sure if A) I want to go esp. if I can't get decent airfare or B) I'll be able to go if it's time to do final "stuff" at Mom's house. Also Libby wants to try to learn how to ski over Feb. break and the local Y has a ski-camp for those kids who usually do aftercare at school (we don't but she could go anyway). So she's not too keen on another cruise. I asked her MD if he'd fill out paperwork saying one of the kids has the "flu" or some other ailment so I could call in insurance (did this before I committed to final payment) just to have some backup.

I'll check American... esp. since Mike's Platiunum w/then. It helps, esp. when purchasing a ticket to possibly call in the upgrades. We couldn't use them on our last trip (using award tickets) but were pleasantly surprised to see that the seats we were assigned to were originally business class seats but since it was only a two class flight we were able to enjoy them (footrests and indiv. tv/videos)... Libby sure did.

Carolyn

Carolyn..I could never not go on a cruise I had booked and paid for.

I know there could be some reasons that dealt with family. Know I would sure try to work it out.

Have Libby go to camp and have someone watch her or lie and say next year she can go and cause she will be older, she'll learn faster! LOL j/k

Know American lower their prices, hope you found a flight. Gee your last flight

sure sounded nice. I'm always crowded in coach!

Hope you make it but if you want to stay home hope that works out for you too.

Donna..One week today we will be leaving..really at this time, I will be at the hotel. Meeting up with my friends.

You staying at a hotel night before to? I can't wait to go and get some warmer weather. This part of Calif. has been cold with rain. Checked my

ports, there in the mid to high 80's!

Tried on my clothes. They fit.. it's funny.. taking somethings I didn't think I was and leaving somethings I thought I was taking! LOL Does anyone do

what I do..I always take a couple of extra outfits? I plan what I'm going to wear each day and night ahead of time..but on that day I might change my mind and wear something different!

Donna is having a great time by now..thinking of us! Yeah right!

Melody we will be where she is soon and Carolyn was there already and

might be again in a month!

You both have a Good Sunday!

Belle do you ever sleep? I'm at work, 7/12 like always:( I have already had over 32 oz of water and am going to get my walking shoes on in five:) I missed yesterday, just to tiered waking at 3 am is the pits and not being able to make myself go to bed early doesn't help.

I went back on my BP/water pill meds yesterday and dropped two pounds. I had stopped them last month and that is 8 of the twenty pounds I gained. So, that might get in in the smaller shorts the first two days:)

Cold with rain? I'm looking forward to it maybe getting above freezing for the first time this year. Can't wait to be in FLL having breakfast this time next week:)

I will be doing the clothing shuffle again on the 12th after I pick up DH's cloths from the tailor. Maybe even will suprise my self.

Carolyn I hope all works out well for you. How did you do on you WOE while on the last cruise?

Belle,

The cruise was booked for the "whole family"...

didn't really think we'd go when I booked onboard.. wanted the shipboard credit.

Libby's "camp" (actually it's not really camp it's just what the Y offers for school breaks) is for grades 3 and up. She's technically old enough BUT she's in 2nd grade, so I'm not sure it will be a go.

Also, with air it's getting 4 tickets and having Mike take at least a week off from work. I'm not sure how much time I'm going to be needing him to watch kids when I go to Mom so I really don't want him to be using too much time. He'll be taking at least a week off this summer when we go to Florida for his neice's bat mitzvah. Luckily it's the week before the kids go back to school so it will be a summer vacation too.

Melody, I was fairly "good" w/WOE on cruise until I got sick... then I started to slip, but even then my stomach was SO SORE that I couldn't really eat alot. So far, I'm on day 3 induction now and I think all "gains" are gone, though I'm not sure since I was extremly good before stepping onto ship and I didn't weigh myself for several days prior.

Carolyn

Melody in my post before I said Donna's name when I meant

you! It's when I said we would leaving in one week..that was meant for you. I guess I should reread my posts. Might help!

Tried to see if I could find some new clothes today ..but stores have sales still on winter clothes..wonder why? lol

So still taking my "old cruise" clothes. Well I do have a few new things.

Like you I will retrying on things and deciding what I'm taking for sure.

Then I got to get my husband clothes together to..in fact get everything of his together. If I didn't, I wonder what he would be taking..oh don't want to think about it!

Melody next week at this time we will be on a CRUISE SHIP!

Carolyn..You have to do what best for your family. If it's meant for you

to go you will. Does your husband want to go? You'll work it out..main thing

is you don't want to lose your money. That's nice the Dr. will do it for you.

How's Libby feeling now? Great you got your cruise gain off.

Hope I can only have a LITTLE cruise gain! Yeah right! LOL

Wonder how's Donna doing..having a great time and..

maybe having a dessert! Hope she enjoys! I would and will!

Take care you two...

Donna..One week today we will be leaving..really at this time, I will be at the hotel. Meeting up with my friends.

You staying at a hotel night before to? I can't wait to go and get some warmer weather. This part of Calif. has been cold with rain. Checked my

ports, there in the mid to high 80's!

Belle I didn't even catch the wrong name. It must be because my mom was always calling me by the wrong name:)

I'm flying in the day before also. What port are you going out of? What ship are you going to be on?

I've got off 15 pounds thanks to the meds, walking, water and sticking to WOE. Now only ten more in 5 Days:D

Still here..couldn't get on Monday..then yesterday CC

didn't work half the time..I wrote a post and it ate it!

Been gone all day today and now have to start getting things

together. My clothes will just be what they are, haven't lost any

weight this week but no gains either!

Congrats on your loss!

Still leaving Sat. we're driving from No. Calif. to So. Calif...

Long Beach Port. Carnival Pride about 2 1/2 yrs old.

What port and ship for you? Can you believe it's so

soon? I'M not ready!

I'm ready for the HOT weather but my suitcases and clothes aren't! LOL

Bon Voyage to US!

Belle,

Have a WONDERFUL time (I don't think you could do otherwise though lol).

As for us, Mike was the "voice of reason"... I had the OK from Libby's MD to get him to fill out the form for the canc. insurance so that's the way to go -- I could have gotten really reasonable air to Long Beach but I had to jump on it yesterday (was on hold from Tuesday). I just didn't want to "tempt the fates" since things are holding out OK w/Mom for things in general so I can just "be" up in CT with the kids and put everything else sort of "on hold" (which is somewhat of a "good thing" ... hope I'm not jinxing things).

Now to make sure I have everything "in place" for the insurance.

Carolyn

Carolyn, I'm sure I will. Even if my chance things

didn't go right..I still enjoy myself. I don't let any

thing spoil my cruise! I have my first Balcony!

I've never had a bad cruise in an inside or oceanview..

So a Balcony is ...a bonus!

Sorry you had to cancel your next one but only you know

what is best for your family.

So soon I'll be getting on a cruise ship..SUNDAY!

Driving down on Sat.

You were in this place just a few weeks ago...

Getting ready to go!

Take care while I'm gone.

Archived