November 1st...D_Day..Want to join me?

Belle

Seems like I never write what I wrote

the first time!

Know I did say..I'm crying.

Shelia and Baby are going to Europe in May..

I'm sitting at home..Boo Hoo LOL

Baby few question about the Summit and

the pier/dock. Thanks.

Before you said got to the oier at one, took

about 20 to 30 minutes to get on.

Do you know what time they started to board?

You don't know if have waiting room?

If we have to stand outside, is there any seating

around that we can sit on while taking turns standing in line.

(We like to go early to the pier)

Is there a restroom around for people to use outside

while they wait in line.

We change our clocks before we get to Hawaii?

Heard they do it one hour each day till it's done.

is that right?

I might think of more questions, hope you don't mind if I ask

as I remember. If you think of anything you think I should

know..Tell me, love to hear everything about the Summit

and Hawaii.

Thanks again..

Everyone have a good Thursday and a great week!

O.K. Belle..who travels the most here????Who is always away while we stay home???? So .... this once...2 of us are going to Europe...we deserve a break, right Sheila????

Now for the San Pedro port. If you read the most recent review, it sounds like there has been an improvement. For us it was horrendous. The previous cruise arrived late. The wait outside may have been 45 minutes, standing in line (I didn't see any seating). We were lucky and a crew member whisked us through (just like VIP's). Once inside, everything went quickly. I din't notice bathroom outside. We weren't out long. If you see a young woman in a white uniform, go and ask her if she could get you in.

Arrival, back in San Pedro...no problem. As a matter of fact, we were being picked up by relatives, so we didn't get off the ship when they called our number. By the time we did, our luggage was standing alone. We easily got a porter.

The worst part was the long line (on the ship) for immigration. At our designated time, there was about a 45 minute wait. So we left and had breakfast. In the end we may have waited 20 minutes.

Also, on the return from Maui. Starting at about 1pm, the line was awful. The tours returned and everyone wanted to tender back. The ship left Maui about 1 hour late because it took so long.

I can't remember exactly, but we changed our clocks a lot!

Don't miss the hula show. The children were wonderful.

If Paki is still there, he's adorable. He gives the hula lessons and lei-making class (which I sadly missed!!)

Have you been to Hawaii before?

Since this will be my first time in Europe, I'm not feeling guilty at all! LOL I've been planning this trip my whole life. ;) As I stated before, it is a dream come true for me. I'm so in love with Great Britain.

Belle ~ I agree with Baby. You are the travel queen! We'll be sitting here in a couple of weeks while you're in Hawaii! :D

You travel too! Cruises..Europe! Your not sitting home

Twiddling your thumbs! LOL

Can I help it that I'm HAPPY for YOU TWO and Donna

and Carolyn but when you go away I WISH it was ME!

I"M only human not the "perfect person" you think I am! LOL

Shelia you will have a great time. Your first time is always the best!

Baby you will have a great time in Greece, that's my place that

I dream I will go some day.

So I'll give you a "break" but I'll be crying as I do! LOL

Baby Thanks for the information. Wish it was at the other dock.

Nice waiting room, restrooms ect. I do think they change the clocks

one hour at a time, why you changed them so much.

Will try Paki's classes and Hula show with the kids.

Yes been to Hawaii but only Oahu. One time for a week, the other

time for two weeks. Liked it very much, can't wait to see the other

Islands.

Donna and Carolyn how are you doing? Lets hear from you.

Have a good Friday and weekend everyone.

Life is nuts but the alternative is unthinkable!

Sheila, Your going to be right by HollyB (Ruby). Here is a link to her website:

http://www.visitmarrbury.co.uk/

She and V are doing well though I am sure she is about to kill me. I have been meaning to email her for 3 weeks and still haven't managed it. She sent pics of Kim's 21st B'day and I still haven't managed to get back to her. That is one of my goals for this weekend. It is just that emails tend to be long with so much to cover in between. They did their winter vacation at Sandals in Jamaica and loved it so much that they already booked it for next year! I'll let her know your going to be out there and maybe you will get a chance to meet her. We had a great time together in FLL.

Baby, Where is your water? We eventually plan on going over there and have an open invitation to visit with them. She and V are great fun and life has been good to them which they deserve. I have a feeling that if we decide to, it will be a last minute decision when I cheap airfare appears.

Belle, Docs and only 1 lb. after being gone so long. Must be the happy dance taking care of it. All the packing figured out? I will also be sulking but that comes with being at home when others are off playing.

Carolyn, Alex keeping you in line? Fun weekend plans? How did the tax situation come out?

Ok, have not been good by any stretch of the imagination. Just in one of those moods and need to get out of it quick! Out with friends tonight then need to sit down and plan grocery shopping to remove temptation. Now better get back to work, boss is gone until April so I just might get some space back on my desk!

Have a great weekend!

Donna ~ I'm glad that Ruby is doing well. I do really miss her! I just looked at your pictures. Boy, you look fantastic! Great shots! Thanks for the link to Ruby's web site. I need to check it out. How's that cabinet coming?

Happy St. Patty's Day! :D

Hope everyone is having a Good Weekend.

My trouble is eating to much. Eating out everyday

since Tuesday. (doing worse than when I was on

vacation!) Did go to the gym Thursday night,

yesterday and maybe today.

We've been having nice weather..NO rain...but

maybe getting it back this week! YUK!

Three weeks today will be boarding the Summit! YEA!

Hope it stops raining in Hawaii by then, the heavy

rain at least. Know to expect light showers.

Hope I/we can not have a gain on Monday but if we do..

WE just have to get back on track!

Hope to hear from all from ALL FOUR of YOU this week!

Love Ya All!

I booked a Mediterranean Cruise..Great Price!

Includes the cruise, airfare, all taxes and transportation

from airport to ship and ship to airport.

TWENTY-FIVE DAYS ON THE GALAXY!

It happen so fast..saw the cruise/price last night (Sun), called TA

today, talked to her, then husband and I talked..

Called her backed and booked it. Fasted time we

ever booked a cruise.

Only little downside it's this Nov. 20th to Dec.15th, so the

weather will be cool till the caribbean but I'm so HAPPY

to be going! Can't believe it..Two big cruises in one

Year. Guess have to be nice to the husband now? LOL

The ports are...

Rome..Mykonos..Rhodes..Santorini..Istanbul..Athens

Ephesus..Naples..Cannes.,Malaga..Cadiz..Madeira

St. Maarten and San Juan

So I get to see Greece.. (yea) Turkey.. Italy..Spain..

France..Caribbean.

Your the first people I'm telling because you know how

happy I feel.

Hope everyone is alright, not much talking in here latly.

Shelia I'm slowly getting back on track. Went to the gym

Thurs. Sat. and Sun. Trying to eat better. So you went back

on Points. How is it going?

Donna you have to tell me all about the Galaxy, Please.

Baby..Where are you? Carolyn you too.

I booked a Mediterranean Cruise..Great Price!

Includes the cruise, airfare, all taxes and transportation

from airport to ship and ship to airport.

TWENTY-FIVE DAYS ON THE GALAXY!

It happen so fast..saw the cruise/price last night (Sun), called TA

today, talked to her, then husband and I talked..

Called her backed and booked it. Fasted time we

ever booked a cruise.

Only little downside it's this Nov. 20th to Dec.15th, so the

weather will be cool till the caribbean but I'm so HAPPY

to be going! Can't believe it..Two big cruises in one

Year. Guess have to be nice to the husband now? LOL

The ports are...

Rome..Mykonos..Rhodes..Santorini..Istanbul..Athens

Ephesus..Naples..Cannes.,Malaga..Cadiz..Madeira

St. Maarten and San Juan

So I get to see Greece.. (yea) Turkey.. Italy..Spain..

France..Caribbean.

Your the first people I'm telling because you know how

happy I feel.

Hope everyone is alright, not much talking in here latly.

Shelia I'm slowly getting back on track. Went to the gym

Thurs. Sat. and Sun. Trying to eat better. So you went back

on Points. How is it going?

Donna you have to tell me all about the Galaxy, Please.

Baby..Where are you? Carolyn you too.

Belle, there is a slim chance that we will do one of those with you! We were talking about the TA last night! The game plan was to do something small this winter and do the med next May with friends we met on Horizon. However, the schedules aren't out yet and not sure how serious they are about it. They just got off the Mercury and if they got Norwalk they may even be off cruising for a while. She will be back in her office today so I will email her and see if they made it through ok. Do know that Joe is serious about the med now but is flexible about timing. I think everyone has noticed by now that we go for deals and are quite flexible when it comes to timing so my back up plan is Galaxy!

What cabin category? She probably didn't use your automatic upgrade since you haven't sailed yet so you will have that when you get back from Summit! We did deluxe outside which I would suggest for that length of time. The big window was really appreciated! If you re-read the review below and come up with questions just holler. I'm almost as excited as you are! Galaxy is my favorite ship now that Horizon has transferred!

Baby, Water?

Carolyn, Foot?

Sheila, I'm with you! Weekends should be banned! Maybe a timer lock on the refrigerator that only allows the door to be opened at mealtimes!

Gotta run but this was too exciting not to come straight out!

Have a great day!

Belle ~ You lucky girl!!! WOW!!!!! Your cruise sounds fantastic. :D Yes, I'm back to counting points. I've already lost a pound. I didn't lose anything on Core so I figured I'd better do something. I lose very slowly on Flex though.

Donna ~ Yes, the weekends should be banned as far as diet goes. I'm back on track though and feel so much better. My body has started rejecting bad food and I feel miserable after I eat it. I actually feel sick to my stomach. You'd think I would learn. LOL

Carolyn, Baby ~ How are you doing?

oops lost my reply... after typing alot, guess it wasn't "meant to be".

synopsis... Mom was in hospital last week (just got out yesterday) and now is in "pitty" mode. DS just got in to NY yesterday (was asleep for 3 hrs when she got to aunt's apt. so was unable to reach her). Everything's on "her terms" so I'm sure she's going to muck things up with Mom... (isn't she special). Alex is off from school, going crazy from bordom... (exsp). He's addicted to warcraft and whenever I get off computer he sneeks on and really ticks me off. Sheila, he's in private day school (not boarding) but has same calendar (and day school fees) as other local boarding schools in neighborhood (like Choate in next town over). Just got Alex's school schedule for next year. which really "messed up" my plans for winter vacation. Seems like they're off from 12/15 and MUST be back to school on Jan. 2nd (no exceptions). I had cruise on Galaxy on deposit.. got a "fair price" and shipboard attached to it (from booking on board Brilliance from over year ago). Well that isn't going to work. Anyone want to cruise on Galaxy for Xmas/New Years? It's a great itinerary and pricing has gone up a bit... got a $200 shipboard per cabin (got 2 cabins).

Ok so I was really bummed about that. Then got to "playing around" with American Air. FF to see "what's to book for winter since we're sitting on tons of FF miles.. Well right now I was able to get 4 ticked to NY to Honolulu for over Xmas. But will really need to do it on a budget, haven't been to Hawaii in about 20 years, and that was just a 2 night layover on way to Austrailia. So now most of days have been trying to play with loyalty programs on hotels to get a good rate. Anyone have any tips? Would even consider doing a condo. Will probably island hop. Alex has expressed desire to see volcano so I guess we'll have to go to Big Island.

Now on topic of post... I've been doing low carb for 4 days now... scale is still higher than I'd like. Finally started PT today, so we'll see how that goes. Foot is still very painful and a bit more swollen than I believe it should be.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Will post tomorrow.

Carolyn

Hi everyone!

I seem to be developing a pattern here..that I don't like...I gain over the weekend and then have to struggle all week to lose it! I hope I break this pattern soon. Since I am not the only one with this problem, let's correct it together!!!! The weather is still too cool for my walks ( we have a LITTLE snow today!), but the predictions are improving.

Belle...what a wonderful LONG vacation. When I return, I will be in a position to give you information on Mykonos, Santorini and Athens.

We are planning to be on the Galaxy Feb.12, southern Carib for 11 days. Donna, if you and Belle are on the same cruise...that will be great!!

And, yes, Donna, I am on water glass #3, thank you!

Carolyn, hope the therapy helps and hope your Mom will be OK and hope your DS doesn't drive you nuts! Hawaii is a gorgeous choice!

Sheila...I think you and I have to concentrate on our upcoming Europe trips and think thin for them!!

Have a great day, all.

Couldn't get on Tuesday and was

busy today (Wed.) but here now...

you'll read Thursday.

Donna ..REALLY you might be on one of the cruises with us?

The first one with all the ports? Or the one with the

most sea days? I forgot to mention one of the ports.

Lisbon Portugal, I listed Madeira but forgot to say Portugal

So we see SEVEN countries in ALL. I think that is great!

Donna when are you deciding. I've read your review of the Galaxy

a few times, seems like you liked the ship. Can't wait.

WE have an inside guarantee, that's alright because of the price

and everything is included. We didn't want to spend any extra to

upgrade, it will be winter, darker earlier..plus can spend that

money on sightseeing. If they would upgrade us that would be

Wonderful! Not expecting it, only the few perks. What are they?

We can't give them a number for Capt. club until

after the Summit cruise.

Shelia..Yes I feel very lucky!

Glad the Flex plan is working for you, You lost! Congrats!

I still like the Core Plan. I lost too.

That's why they have two plans, so everyone can do what works for them.

Are you getting ready for May? Bet your so excited.

Carolyn..Sorry about your Mother. Hope she's doing better today.

Your DS will never change...lock her in a closet! LOL

A trip to Hawaii will be great especially with FF plane tickets.

Just have to shop around for your best deals on hotels or

condos. Will cost extra some money to go to different islands.

Try to be careful with your foot. Take care. Good luck on

low carb. 4 days is good! Congrats!

Baby-The weekends are hard..We all have that problems at times.

Remember use to tell everyone..Lets have a no-gainer weekend.

That will be great Baby..you can tell me all about the things you

saw and did in Greece. You'll see more because your staying there,

I'll just be there one day but I'll take it!

You're going on the Galaxy too! That's the cruise the ship is doing

when we get off Dec. 15th. The Southern.

Hope everyone has a good weigh-in tomorrow on here or in

your own weigh-in.

Have a good "rest of the week". A GREAT WEEKEND>>NO GAINS!

As usually the 4th days "does me in" (also the stress from my "lovely" family doesn't help. Held up "ok" until 7PM... had a few "stressful" misshaps along the way today that didn't help... one of which was misplacing my keys and losing several hours looking allover house until Alex came home and he decided to help me look. Well I looked again... they fell into toilet... luckily I didn't flush them down... and I looked several times prior in bathroom... Luckily I only dropped the cell phone in bathroom floor and that didn't "go swimming" (did that once before.. and burnt out phone... thought I "learned my lesson". So when Mike pulled some dinner together for kids I started to nibble on theirs.

Mom's not doing so well. Diane had the "pleasure" of killing whole day waiting with Mom, hoping MDs would check in on her... and none did. Hopefully surgeon will pop in to see her tomorrow AM.

Now the "good news". After many days and way too many hours "playing around" w/air routes I was able to put 4 tickets on hold and are somewhat pleased with the outcome. Didn't have to pull any additional miles and are able to do 2 islands and used points from hotels stays Mike has done over the years so we'll really be able to do a trip on a "budget" (that's my specialty) only playing for rental car in Kona and Kaui -- so far all hotels (Marriot and Sheraton) without using a high premium. All we have to pay is the "resort tax) with includes mai tais (what ever those are lol... I mainly drink vodka "neat" "when" I drink... which is only when we sail on RCCL and get concierge from being diamond). Now if I can make it until December. OK Hawaii fans, what's to do on Kaui,... we really didn't want to do Honolulu unless we really "had to" and this way we've got 9 full days in "paradise" (as Mike says, a "real" vacation -- not Miami beach of the West).I've only been to Hawaii (Hon) over 17 years ago and I'm sure it's not gotten any better. Anyway Alex will see his active volcano and Libby will see dolphins and whales.

Carolyn

Carolyn..Hope your mother gets seen Friday.

Least your sister spent some timewith your mother.

Your Hawaii trip sounds wonderful! Getting everything

Free. Free air..free Hotel (tax only) You did great!

That's how I like to travel..good bargins!

As you know I'm leaving on a cruise to Hawaii on

the 9th of April. In Kauai..we plan to rent a car go

to Waimea (sp) Canyon and the Fren Grotto for

sure. Let you know how that goes. I know

Dec. seems so far away but it will be here before

you know it.

Shelia..Where are you? Your usually on everyday during

the week. Hope your alright?

Donna..Waiting to hear if your taking the cruise or you

wouldn't know for months.

Baby..Your not hiding..I want to see your "pretty typing""!

Everyone have a good Friday and weekend. Seems like I just

said that..seems like I say that every week..I do!

See Carolyn time goes by fast! LOL

Got a few seconds between calling the hospital, MDs, Mom etc. and kids wanting the computer to pop on... (they're off today). Hope my "fall" from low carbs doesn't have too high a rebound... we'll see tomorrow.

I can't believe Alex only has less than 2 months left for his first year at Hopkins... it's sure flown by. Really need to make arrangements for his BarMitzvah luncheon, though I've been procrastinating about it.. just family stuff... don't want to deal with it.

Diane's on a bus to her yoga retreat for the weekend so now everything is "my responsibility" (well, when was it anything else?). At least now I don't have to worry that the MDs tell her everything and then I'm left with trying to find out what's going on. She's a bit too trusting etc. and then when she's not it's not at the "right time"... guess I'll never win on that front.. trying to let it go but also not forget how she is and how she'll always be so I don't set myself (and more so my kids) into believing she'll change... she's had almost 2 years and she's still in the same pattern.

Belle. how's the water going.

Sheila, how's your UK trip planning coming along? Hope the dollar=pound conversion gets a little more favorable for "us" (last time Mike was over the pond it was creeping close to $1.85 a bit too high.)

Baby, is it starting to "dry up" in your neck of woods. I really need to find my aunt's phone number and give her a call. Update her on what's "going on" since I spoke to her last (pre-fall).

Donna, is it starting to be spring yet? How's your car situation? Building (kitchen and tv unit)?

Hope everyone's well and staying on what ever "plan" works for them.

If I don't post again today, have a great weekend.

We've got not much planned. Libby's got pictures for her dance recital so I've got to fix her costume... coverall is HUGE (long and wide). Need to find out how I can salvage it. Will probably make trip down to see Mom afterwards and then maybe venture into city to see my aunt, haven't seen her since end of November.

Carolyn

Can't believe it is Saturday already. Just taking a break from "work" work to report in. Did myself in by not watching the calendar close enough. Worked on my spare time job on Friday then realized that the accountant is in on Monday and needs my real job! Needless to say lots of work this weekend.

Belle, You'll love Galaxy! We know we want to do the Greek Isles. The original plan is doing it in May of '07 with friends that we met on Horizon. However, they may be willing to pay a large premium for that timeframe but we aren't.

If the pricing comes out too high then we will look at November. Afraid I am totally freaked out by the Star fire and am no longer looking at the TA. Lost my oldest stepsister and oldest nephew in a house fire started by too much wine and falling asleep with a lit cigarette. House was barely damaged but they both went from smoke inhalation. All those memories are back and I really need some answers on the Star before I can feel safe again! Looks like no bookings in the near future. I know I will get over it eventually and will just have to wait until then to make any plans.

Baby, Where is your water? It is the weekend and we WILL behave! You have the Greek Isles coming up and it is just around the corner!

Sheila, How is the migraine? Any definitive answers from all those tests that you had?

Carolyn, Sounds like you are holding up in spite of what is going on. Great job on the plans for next Christmas. We have only done Maui and Kona so can't be much help there. Kona was a couple days before the iron man triatholon so our mobility was quite limited due to all the participants all over the place.

Ok, cabinet is moving along and hope to have it completely done (picture ready) by Monday night. Made a couple of changes which meant more wood last night and cutting and painting over the weekend. The last bits of kitchen will have to wait until it gets warmer out (rumor says that it will happen someday) since much of it is painting on the outside wall.

Better get back to work!

Have a great weekend!

Hey.

Today's been a real "roller coaster".

Had a hectic AM with getting Libby ready to pictures in her dance recital costume. (she was having fun getting made up) and trying to get a clear picture of what's going on w/Mom (and getting frustruated on how DS "left things" with me). Got back from pictures and popped on to computer to AA to check on how our flights were and "luck" had it that I was able to get an extra day (front end on trip) with better flight times and then switch return too (cut down a connection from LA... got non-stop). So tomorrow I've got to call SPG to see if I can "tweak" ressie... I'm pretty sure it can be done since I covered an extra day at end...

Carolyn

Hi girls! I finally have a few minutes to post. We're giving my Dad a surprise b'day party next Saturday so I've been busy around the house cleaning and such. I cleaned all of the carpet yesterday (took me 3 hours). If you ever need a good workout that will burn, burn, burn calories, steam clean your carpet. LOL

I'm "almost" in the 140's! I haven't been in the 140's in YEARS!!! I'm wavering between 149 - 150. I hope I can post a loss by Thursday. However, the only inches I lost this week were in my thighs. My middle section is still too flabby. I guess you all know that is why I'm having a tummy tuck. I will definitely be a size 8 after that.

Carolyn ~ It sounds as if you are so busy right now. Are you taking care of your foot? Great job on getting your travel on a budget. I wish we could do that. We're saving up our frequent flyer miles to hopefully use in 2008 for Hawaii or a European cruise.

Baby ~ My UK trip is all set. We booked the train tickets from Carlisle to London last week. Got a good deal at 49 pounds for the 3 of us. We'll be phoning our Scottish friends today. They booked us a hotel room in Edinburgh for 5 of us (2 rooms). We'll be going to Edinburgh for the day and then off to Stirling the next day. We'll be doing day trips from their home other than that. I hope to go to the Highlands one day, but it won't be this trip. How are you plans coming along?

Donna ~ Do you have a part-time job also? You're always pretty busy. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your sister and nephew. I know the Star fire brought back those horrible memories. I can completely understand you not wanting to book a cruise right now. It is scary to think that a cigarette can cause that. So sad! I did get back all of my test results and some were good and some were bad. My chemical makeup is not good at all right now. I'll be re-tested in 3 months to see if all of these meds & supplements I'm on help. I do feel better. I even slept well last night without an Ambien. I haven't done that in months. Of course, it could've been because I was exhausted! LOL Thanks for asking.

Baby ~ When are you leaving on your trip? Not too long now!

Well, I need to check out the other boards.

Have a great Sunday!

Archived