Where to stay in San Diego?

portercottrell

We are taking the Feb 5 sailing of the Spirit arriving on the 2nd,and have chosen the Holiday Inn Bayside, via a discount book it will cost us $69.50 per night . I have been on line with someone from sandiego who has confimed that we will be right in the middle of , and walking distance to many attractions, restuarants etc...

rjsfq@hotmail.com

We are also on the Spirit at that time and we booked the Holiday Inn on the Bay, which is right across the street from the ship. But parking is 18.00 per night even when you are staying there.

Tina

I posted this note in the Hotel Pre-Post Cruise section:

The Best Western Bayside Inn ((619) 233-7500) has a "STAY, PARK & CRUISE" Package. 2 days/1 night room for two with private balcony. In room Microwave & Refrigerator. Complimentary Continental Breakfast at their Bayside Bar & Grill. Complimentary Shuttle Service to and from the Cruise Terminal. Complimentary 7 nights parking in their covered garage with a $5.00 fee for each additonal nights parking. Cost starts at $139.00 (double occupancy - MENTION THE LOS ANGELES TIME TRAVEL SHOW as where you got the information from to get this rate otherwise it could be a little higher). I'm booked in there for the night of 4/1/05 and they have even put in my reservation to give me a Harbor View Room.......so I can wake up and see the ship! Woo Hoo. Sounds like a deal since parking at the pier is advertized at $7.00 per day.

Sounds like a deal since parking at the pier is advertized at $7.00 per day.

And, even though it is advertised at $7.00, they charge you $12 per day. Some long story that the $7.00 is only for certain days of the week and since your staying longer than that, you have to pay higher price, blah, blah, blah and a long line behind you, you just pay and keep moving. Needless to say, we only parked there once, have always stayed at The Best Western Bayside Inn. Nice, clean and close to restaurants. When we get back to port, I just walk to hotel (about 5 or 6 blocks) and pick-up the vehicle, and then go get hubby and luggage.

If you stay near the port they are so many things to do and see. Walk along the water front, go aboard the Star of India sailing ship, eat at Anthony’s Fish Grotto, take a bike powered cab to Seaport Village lots of shops, or just hit the night life a short cab ride away to down town. San Diego is a wonderful fun place to visit.

Bob and France,

There's loads of things to see and do. Don't miss : Horton Plaza, the Gaslamp Quarter, Seaport Village, Coronado, the Zoo. Our city is a jewel!:)

Cruznon you aren't just a tad bit biased are you? :>

As another local I agree that there is plenty to see and do in San Diego, depending on your interest. Doing a LA trip with a short amount of time may be a bit hectic, especially if you aren't familiar with LA traffic.

Hope you enjoy your stay in San Diego and have a great cruise.

Archived