Two for one specials???

wernew2cruising

I have read on the boards there MIGHT be reduced dining at the speciality restaurants during certain times. Does anyone who has sailed recently know if this is still the case? Also, I have read about coupon books that have a discount dining coupon for the first night. Does anyone know how I might be able to get one? I booked directly with NCL and this will be our first NCL sailing.

Thanks so much for your help.

I have read on the boards there MIGHT be reduced dining at the speciality restaurants during certain times. Does anyone who has sailed recently know if this is still the case? Also, I have read about coupon books that have a discount dining coupon for the first night. Does anyone know how I might be able to get one? I booked directly with NCL and this will be our first NCL sailing.

I think NCL may be getting away from the 50% off the specialty restaurants during certain hours in the evening. It would usually be done during longer cruises such as the 15 night transatlantic on the Gem we sailed back in April. It was not done on the 7 night Majesty last month.

I think the coupon books are through online Ta's... we did ours online and got a book..

but if you REALLY want one..

there are some on ebay.

I book my NCL cruises exclusively through online travel agents and have never received a coupon book.

I called the general NCL line last week. The resevationist that took my call said she would mail a coupon book to me. Haven't gotten it. But you can cal to see if you get one.

I have gotten books automatically on prior cruises. But did not get one this time with my luggage tags.

Are the books worthwhile - yes an no. We used several of the coupons (photo gallery and a few others).

I don't think you miss much by not having the coupons.

On a recent 19 day cruise aboard the Pearl they began offering the 2-for-1 discount after the first week. I assumed it was because most of the specialty restaurants were next to empty (meanwhile the buffet was always packed).

I received a coupon book in my cabin. There wasn't much of use. :-(

We received an extra coupon book if you would like to have it.

To nautica or shadowstar: If no one has shown an interest in your coupon books, I'd like to request one. We'll be leaving in 3 weeks for a cruise on the Jade. I'll be happy to send a pre-paid envelope. Thanks.

Not speaking from experience, but on another Thread someone recently said that these offers were for Early Dinner on Port Days. (e.g. if ship departs at 7pm, not too many people signing up for 5:30 dinner)

Hope this helps...

Nancy

I book my NCL cruises exclusively through online travel agents and have never received a coupon book.

Kewlguy we received one. We book through one of the agencies that advertizes here at CC.

We received two decent coupons. One is buy one meal, get another free. (we plan to use that at Cagney's) We also received acoupon for dinning 5 nights in a specialty restuarant, get the sixth free. I doubt we will use that one, possibly I guess, but if we did, I can guarantee, several of those nights would be the Mexican or Italian.

Not speaking from experience, but on another Thread someone recently said that these offers were for Early Dinner on Port Days. (e.g. if ship departs at 7pm, not too many people signing up for 5:30 dinner)

Hope this helps...

Nancy

Nancy, that is what I have been told, if you go before 6 pm, you can have half price dinners.

Last month on Jewel both Cagneys and Teppanyaki (& Mongolian Hotpots) were excluded from the 50% off which was offered on port days until 6.30pm.

Both these restaurants were pretty quiet most of the time. We never saw either restaurant full and it was not necesssary to make a reservation later on, you could just walk in.

In the past (I cruised this past Jan. on the Dawn) there were 2 for 1 specials for 9pm reservations and later. My husband and I would have a snack and grab some drinks, go to the early show and then head to dinner.

Are the coupon books good in Jan. '09? Anyone have an extra if that is the case?

From what I gather reading elsewhere, NCL wil not have coupons for 2009.

You were on the Dawn, the same time we were and there was no cover charge/surcharge/whatever at Salsa's then.

Makes me wonder what she thinks sometimes...this is taken from one of her posts on May 5th after she got back from this cruise and I had reported on CC that they were supposed to start charging for Salsa on the 4/27 cruise, as per the Leader of the transition team that sailed with us on the 4/20 cruise.

"Salsa (Deck 8 Midship) is FREE & wonderful. If you buy the $250 Cruise Reward deposit, you get BOGO at Bamboo for one meal."

Kewlguy we received one. We book through one of the agencies that advertizes here at CC.

We received two decent coupons. One is buy one meal, get another free. (we plan to use that at Cagney's) We also received acoupon for dinning 5 nights in a specialty restuarant, get the sixth free. I doubt we will use that one, possibly I guess, but if we did, I can guarantee, several of those nights would be the Mexican or Italian.

I thought of something else. I believe this promotion started in August for NEW bookings, you received a coupon book if you booked a cruise that would leave by December 31, 08.

We just returned on Oct 2 from sailing on the Sun, 11 nights to Mexico. They offered no specials for the specialty restaurants. I had a coupon book, which IMHO is pretty lousy, but it did give us a two for one on the night we sailed at any of the specialty restaurants. We used it and saved $20 at East Meets West.

Kristy

We just returned on Oct 2 from sailing on the Sun, 11 nights to Mexico. They offered no specials for the specialty restaurants. I had a coupon book, which IMHO is pretty lousy, but it did give us a two for one on the night we sailed at any of the specialty restaurants. We used it and saved $20 at East Meets West.

Kristy

Kathy, I agree, with the exception of the 2 for 1 dining I see very little value to the books. It is pretty much like we get sometimes at Vegas hotels, worth next to nothing, but look at it this way, if you can get one, they are free....LOL

Kathy, I agree, with the exception of the 2 for 1 dining I see very little value to the books. It is pretty much like we get sometimes at Vegas hotels, worth next to nothing, but look at it this way, if you can get one, they are free....LOL

Nita you quoted me but your comment was to "Kathy". I'm confused. Was that just a typo? LOL :D

Archived