Just back from Galaxy Med Cruise

Dona March

We just got back yesterday, wow what a great cruise I want to thank all of you for your info and tips it helped to make our cruise exceptional, I submitted my review it should be up in a few day's.

Thank you all again.

Glad you had a good time:) I will be back on her in

January:D

Can you name and describe the restaruants and what type of food they serve.

The food on the Galaxy- They have the buffet all day, Breakfast-eggs any way you like them, all the breakfast meats, ceral, oatmeal, fresh fruit, smoked salmon, white fish, potato's at least 2 differant ways, and in the Oasis Cafe pancakes, french toast, waffels and I'm only naming some of the breakfast foods.

Lunch- at the pool burgers, hotdogs, chicken, fries, everyday

the buffet with chicken, fish, differant meats, fresh salads, stir fry really good, sushi, veggies, potato's fresh fruit,

Dinner-The Orion Rest. you can always get Grilled Salmon, roasted Chick, baked pot. Ceasar Salad.

Dinner everynight you have a choice of 4 apps. 3 soups 4or 5 entrees

4 or 5 desserts oh the desserts all the time thay also put out food for Tea everyday and ice cream.

You can also get Pasta and Pizza all Day until I believe 11:00

I have not mentioned nearly half of what they offer oh yeh room service 24 hours.

It is a foodies delight.

Enjoy,

Dona

Is the buffet the same as the oasis cafe? What exactly is the oasis cafe?

Hi aco44:)

Each ship's Buffet area has a different name. So yes the Oasis

is Galaxy's buffet area.

Mercury's buffet is called the Palm Springs

and Century is called The Islands.

(just to give you 3 examples:) )

Dona, thanks for the good info about the food. Sounds delish! We're doing an Eastern Med cruise in November, also on the Galaxy. Do you have any particular highlights from any of the ports you visited? Anything that you'd recommend that others see?

How did you like the on-board activities for the Galaxy?

The Oasis cafe is in the aft of the ship differant from the buffet area, they also have a covereed pool there and tables and chairs, they are 2 differant areas.

Unless they've done a refurb since last May, Lois is correct. The Oasis Cafe is the buffet/cafeteria area. Aft of that is the indoor covered Oasis pool area and further aft is the outdoor deck area with tables, etc.:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/vacationDecks.do;jsessionid=0000VZ_a3suJaEqrFLN4Z7Fzct5:12hdebdrn?shipCode=GL&deckCode=RS&packageCode=GL10D004&dest=CARIB&backPageName=Itinerary+Search+Results

On the Galaxy where the indoor pool is located is a Pizza and pasta station, in the morning they serve pancakes, waffels, and french toast there, whatever the name is I just got off the ship 2 days ago and believe me it was there. the buffet area is differant, and out by the ocean pool is the grill 3 differant areas.

As far as to the ports, my 2 favorite were Messina Wine in Sicily and the Drive along the Amailfi Coast we did Positano, Ravello. and Amalfi than Pompeii what a great day, I did a short reveiw for Cruise Critic you should be able to read it if you go into reviews. Santorini Greece is great with a visit to Oia.

Have a great time.

As for in board activities we did bingo one time , we liked being at the pool getting involved in the line dancing was fun we more or less relaxed on the ship it is a port intensive cruise.

You will love the ship there are many things to do if you wish.

Enjoy your trip.

charlemj-The ship looked great our cabin was clean the carpet new, the public areas all looked great I did not see any wear and tear. The crew were always cleaning something on the ship.

June1- Yes the Orion rest. is the sit down resturant we did not get there for breakfast, however we had all of our dinners there it is quite lovely, the service was outstanding.

Your Welcome

Archived