Honest opionon please

taytot101

From a bikini to a tankini? Why the two extremes?

I was thinking the same thing. Going from "maybe a bikini", to a skirted tankini seems like overkill. :D

If you feel good in it, wear it. But it just seems you took a 180 degree turn.

I have to start by commend you for losing so much weight. I am sure it was difficult and challenging at times but you did it....That alone speaks a thousand words.

I am glad you found a tankini that suits you and your comfort level.

That is what clothing/swimwear is about... flattering, complementing and enhancing. It is not just about feeling good but LOOKING good too.

Sexy is not the bikini alone but the demeanor of the one wearing it. You can wear and frock and feel sexy....

Look it Helen Mirren in a bikini.. She looks striking. Her bikini is appropriate for her shape, she looks sexy and attractive and it flatters hers shape.

helen_mirren_bikini.jpg

There is a big difference between, sexy and tasteful versus sleazy and disgusting... and personally, none of it has to do with confidence...

That's the whole point. I am advising her to do what SHE thinks makes her feel beautiful..not you or anyone else. On the other hand, she could get a thousand opinions good and bad, and no matter what, she won't feel beautiful.

Obviously her husband thinks she's beautiful.

No matter how thin someone is, some STILL don't think they are beautiful. I am NOT saying THIS IS HER.

The suit that makes her feel beautiful will be the one that flatters her figure at her current size. And that might involve trying on thousands of suits. In Florida there are many shops where you can be custom fit for a bathing suit, pick out the style, fabric, etc and it costs the same as buying a suit in the store. That's the ideal situation for her, but I don't know where she lives or if that's an option.

But on the other hand, as anyone ever felt beautiful in a bathing suit!

As far as I can tell, everyone here is advising the OP to do what she feels comfortable doing. So why would you tell her to ignore everyone?

The point made about a bathing suit to fit a body type is sound advice. There is a suit out there for every shape and size that will compliment a woman. If it fits properly and has support where needed, anyone, any size can look and feel wonderful. We just might need a little cover up here or a high cut there but once you find it you'll know.

Wishing everyone happy cruising and sunbathing!

I am going on FOS on Nov. 30th. I had a weightloss goal since about feb/march to be in a bikini. I am down just below 160 (I am only about 5'4") with a weightloss of about 70 lbs or so. I feel I am still to big to wear a bikini. I have had two c-sections and am not sure if my stomach will ever be flat. My husband says that I should just wear it. I don't plan on walking around with it on, I would wear a cover up. Hopefully I will be able to drop another ten pounds or so. What do you all think???? :confused:

May I ask why you would want to wear a bikini?

Back when I was 118 pounds at 5'8.5" I could wear a bikini, but ya know, those 1 piece, black classically cut suits are sexy, flattering to all figures and classically enhancing to any color or shape. Furthermore, they are COMFY! How many clothing items can that be said of, hmm? :)

Wear what feels good, looks good and makes ya happiest. Fulfill all 3 and you've got a winner!

Cheers!

Tee

I am going on FOS on Nov. 30th. I had a weightloss goal since about feb/march to be in a bikini. I am down just below 160 (I am only about 5'4") with a weightloss of about 70 lbs or so. I feel I am still to big to wear a bikini. I have had two c-sections and am not sure if my stomach will ever be flat. My husband says that I should just wear it. I don't plan on walking around with it on, I would wear a cover up. Hopefully I will be able to drop another ten pounds or so. What do you all think???? :confused:

Well, you're my hero (heroine???). I've lost 39 lbs, but you've done an even better job.

I also have had two "C's", and to be honest I don't think the "belly flap" is ever going to go away without surgery. I have a long waist, so my stomach looks a lot flatter than most overweight women, because it's got more space to spread out....:D

Even with it flat-ish, I would not be in a bikini. I've always been very fussy about my middle section looking good if it's bare. I have a new "fluffy size" bathing suit with a skirt. It's not at all old lady looking, and I'll stick with that until I've reached my weight goal, which will probably be another year from now.

It's such a personal issue though: wear what you are comfortable wearing, and be proud of yourself.

Archived