Booking while on a cruise...

nicky78

There are two ways

1. book a specific cruise and pay the regular deposit based on the length of the cruise and then receive on board credit for the new cruise based on the length of the cruise. 3-5 nights=50$, 6-9 nights=$100 and 10+ nights =200$. The OBC can be used like cash on the cruise.

2. Next cruise option, no specific cruise, book under one name only for $100 NON-refundable deposit, never expires. The OBC will be applied once the cruise is booked. And when the cruise is booked you will have to pay the regular deposit amount based on the length-100$ deposit

Both of these options allow for changing the cruise dates/ship as long as you keep the same booking number.

Which ever method you choose--I would suggest that you do it early in the cruise--then if there is a glitch--it can be corrected before you leave the ship. Just my experience.

We had an issue once where the LA didn't get us a confirmation number. Since there was no reservation number and, when we got home there was no confirmation E-mail, I called C&A. She had dropped the ball but, since it was within a week of the end of our cruise we were still able to book a cruise AND get the OB credit.

If you book onboard, just make sure you have a valid reservation number as soon as you get home.

How is the OBC determined, in terms of # of people?

My wife and I booked when on Freedom, and only received a $100 OBC. Shouldn't it be $200, for two people? (just confused)

It's per cabin and not per person.

It's much like the booking discount for Platinum or Diamond members which is also per cabin and not per member.

We booked our 2009 cruise whilst onboard during our cruise this year.

We booked it early and had to go back three times before we thought it was correct.

Did not have to pay deposit, got early booking reduction and did get OBC.

The booking should have been transfered to our local TA for confirmation, deposit etc.

We went to them the week after we left the ship and they knew nothing about it, luckily our paperwork had the ATOL number on it.

They checked and it had been sent to a TA in another part of the UK.

Our TA got it transfered and we continued our booking, however after several changes to our paperwork we still only have a flight out and none back, despite RCI being informed by the TA weeks ago.

Luckily we do not sail until Aug 09.

Had no problems like this for our previous two cruises booked via TA direct.

Which ever method you choose--I would suggest that you do it early in the cruise--then if there is a glitch--it can be corrected before you leave the ship. Just my experience.

Sounds good, but doesnt work. I signed up and was the very first one to book last year on Voyager the first day, Monday. Unfortunately the loyalty ambassador didnt put them into the computer until late on Saturday. We had a message during dinner that our credit card number didnt work (I had her double check it since I didnt have my glasses, it was written down wrong).

What good does it do to book early to catch mistakes if they dont enter it into the computer until eod the last day on the ship? Luckily she was back in her office late, knowing there was a problem and still entering the information. We barely got our Next Cruise, first time Iv done one.

We had an issue once where the LA didn't get us a confirmation number. Since there was no reservation number and, when we got home there was no confirmation E-mail, I called C&A. She had dropped the ball but, since it was within a week of the end of our cruise we were still able to book a cruise AND get the OB credit.

If you book onboard, just make sure you have a valid reservation number as soon as you get home.

I had the same thing happen ... We were told it would come to our stateroom and we forgot all about it ... the Next Cruise never got on the books. I called as soon as I got home and was told we were out of luck. Now I make sure I have the piece of paper in my hand before I leave the desk.

Both of these options allow for changing the cruise dates/ship as long as you keep the same booking number.

My understanding is if you have a NExt Cruise and book a certain sailing and cancel you do loose the $100. deposit. If you just book onboard and book a certain sailing the $250 pp deposit is refundable.

Is this true?

I had the same thing happen ... We were told it would come to our stateroom and we forgot all about it ... the Next Cruise never got on the books. I called as soon as I got home and was told we were out of luck. Now I make sure I have the piece of paper in my hand before I leave the desk.

Good to know. Things may have changed since we last booked while onboard. It's been at least three years and the next cruise option wasn't even available for us.

Since we should be back to being able to cruise at least once each year, I'll be certain to have everything confirmed before we leave the ship to head home. It's not as if it's a tremendous amount of money but, I wouldn't walk past a $100 bill lying on the ground either.

For us it's only been an issue once. Hopefully it's never an issue again.

Archived