? on Star Mexican Riviera and tender service

daldog

I was reading some of the Freestyle Dailys that someone had posted and now I have questions .... on a port day it said tender tickets would be issued starting at such-n-such a time until "open tender service is announced". How does that work?

I am guessing the open tender service is once the rush slows down ... any experience on how long that takes - in other words do we really need a ticket or just chill til the announcement?

Thanks.

I sailed on the Oct 4 sailing. We did not do any organized shore excursions, but I'm a scheduler so I got up both days to get the tender tickets. For Cabo, the line was very, long. It may have been because it was the first port, or it may have been because you are in Cabo for the shortest time. If you want to maximize your time in Cabo, get there to the tender ticket area atleast 30 minutes early. Get you some coffe and enjoy the conversations with those in line with you.

Mazatlan did not tender.

Puerta Vallarta was much different. I got there 20 minutes prior to the deadline and was like the 15th person in line. There really wasn't a line at all. This may have been because people were tired and slept in that morning, or maybe it was because we had most of the day/evening in port so there was no need to rush. I still got up to get an early tender ticket because I wanted to come off the ship and look around before the heat kicked in since it was so hot in Cabo two days earlier.

The tender ships hold about forty people (guessing). With 2,000+ guest, it can take a while for the entire ship to clear if that ever happens. Cabo was quite a long ways to the pier while Puerta Vallarta was a very quick journey.

Puerta Vallarta was much different. I got there 20 minutes prior to the deadline and was like the 15th person in line. There really wasn't a line at all. This may have been because people were tired and slept in that morning, or maybe it was because we had most of the day/evening in port so there was no need to rush. I still got up to get an early tender ticket because I wanted to come off the ship and look around before the heat kicked in since it was so hot in Cabo two days earlier.

The tender ships hold about forty people (guessing). With 2,000+ guest, it can take a while for the entire ship to clear if that ever happens. Cabo was quite a long ways to the pier while Puerta Vallarta was a very quick journey.

How many ships were in Puerto Vallarta? I know the new pier has room for at least two ships and I thought there was room somewhere for a third. The new pier is really nice, just walk off into a little park area across from the Liverpool department store - no freight warehouses like in Mazatlan.

I also was on the oct 4 star cruise and had no idea about the tender tickets so we piddled around in now hurry at all as we did not book and excursions, I understand if you do book something thru NCL your get to get off the ship first, if not you have to get in line for a ticket, when we got around to get off, we were told we had to have the ticket and when we found out where to go to get one we learned that it would be an hour before we would be called, so we went and had breakfast and then just want to see the process even though the hour was not up, and they let us off just cus we were there.

in PV there were two other ships in port so we tendered and also another thing to know is some ports like Cabo uses a Mexican tender that holds allot of people, we got on one of those it must have had 100 - 150 people, made it much fast to get off the ship, but you know it was so hot and humid in port that we could not wait to get back on the ship and in our air conditioned room.

How many ships were in Puerto Vallarta? I know the new pier has room for at least two ships and I thought there was room somewhere for a third. The new pier is really nice, just walk off into a little park area across from the Liverpool department store - no freight warehouses like in Mazatlan.

We were there in PV for the Sept. 27th sailing and we actually docked. There were three ships in port and looked like they were all docked but the one on the side by the market, I believe it was the Pride, was being tendered.

Unless you are in a hurry to get onshore due to tour or such, there is no need to get a tender ticket. We usually just wait about one hour after they first tender, then just walk right off ship and on to the tender.

Unless you are in a hurry to get onshore due to tour or such, there is no need to get a tender ticket. We usually just wait about one hour after they first tender, then just walk right off ship and on to the tender.

Thanks - exactly what I was wondering ......:)

Archived