Photos from Conquest 09-28-2008

Nezmo

I thought you folks would enjoy some of these.

Please excuse the 3.5 million shots of the ship but she is pretty :D. There's also a lot of LilC and I with the towel animals. A little narcissistic I guess.

I have not had time to straighten, colour correct, crop, and all that fun stuff. All I've done is convert my RAW files to JPEGs and upload them.

Enjoy. You never know, you may be in some of these.

http://www.pbase.com/nezmo/cruise_08

Please excuse the 3.5 million shots of the ship but she is pretty :D. There's also a lot of LilC and I with the towel animals. A little narcissistic I guess.

I have not had time to straighten, colour correct, crop, and all that fun stuff. All I've done is convert my RAW files to JPEGs and upload them.

Great pictures. Nice suite:cool:

Nice Pics

What cabin # were you in?

Cathy

My pleasure folks. I had a hard time finding photos of certain things online before cruising. Hopefully these help some that have had the same problem.

No substitute for being there of course. I cannot wait to do it again.

Sorry to be off the cruise topic, but I was wondering what camera you were using for those wider angle shots in the cabin and up on the lido? All of them came out really nice BTW.

I am using a Canon digital SLR model 30D with a 10-22mm wide angle lens. The 10mm is the equivalent to a 17mm on a full frame SLR camera. I used a polarizer for a lot of the outside shots and that is what gives the deep colours and low reflections.

Even funnier?? Nezmo in the bikini BOTTOMS! ;)
I think I missed that pic and I'm glad!;) Here is a random question...It looks like in this picture you guys have a Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere. I'm assuming you guys brought this with you. I saw these at Sam's today for 79 bucks. How do you like it? Is the sound good? How is the battery life on it? I'm bringing my Nano anyways and it would be great to have something like this to rock out with in the room.

My wife, myself, son and his girlfriend were on the Conquest on 9/21 and had 2 balconies. Was yours a cat 11 or 12 and I was thinking of taking sister and 9 yr old neice next year. Would 3 people and 1 child fit ok in any of the suites? Love your cabin.

I think I missed that pic and I'm glad!;) Here is a random question...It looks like in this picture you guys have a Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere. I'm assuming you guys brought this with you. I saw these at Sam's today for 79 bucks. How do you like it? Is the sound good? How is the battery life on it? I'm bringing my Nano anyways and it would be great to have something like this to rock out with in the room.
Yup, you nailed it. I actually think the Logitech is amazing. The battery live is outstanding. While plugged in to the mains (which we had to do once to charge it), it charges the iPod too. We probably had it on everyday for at least an hour but note I had forgotten to charge it before I left so I have no idea how much juice was in it before I started using it on the cruise.

Don't expect the sound levels/quality of a home-based unit like its big brother (the Elite I think it's called). For a cruise ship room (or hotel room) it's perfect.

My wife, myself, son and his girlfriend were on the Conquest on 9/21 and had 2 balconies. Was yours a cat 11 or 12 and I was thinking of taking sister and 9 yr old neice next year. Would 3 people and 1 child fit ok in any of the suites? Love your cabin.
We were in a cat 12. I am pretty sure you'd be okay with four people in an 11 or 12. Make sure the room has a sofa with the pull out bed.

Yup, you nailed it. I actually think the Logitech is amazing. The battery live is outstanding. While plugged in to the mains (which we had to do once to charge it), it charges the iPod too. We probably had it on everyday for at least an hour but note I had forgotten to charge it before I left so I have no idea how much juice was in it before I started using it on the cruise.

Don't expect the sound levels/quality of a home-based unit like its big brother (the Elite I think it's called). For a cruise ship room (or hotel room) it's perfect.

Thanks for the feedback Nezmo (AKA MWTGT...Man with the Golden Tie.:)). From the research I've done, everyone has been happy with it and the extra bonus of an included bag makes it a great item for traveling.

The suite next door to us had 4 adults (all female). There is plenty of room!

Thanks for the feedback Nezmo (AKA MWTGT...Man with the Golden Tie.:)). From the research I've done, everyone has been happy with it and the extra bonus of an included bag makes it a great item for traveling.

That IS a great tie! ;)

You're welcome and LOL on "MWTGT." I can thank LilC for picking that one out.

Archived