Spa Treatments

Has anyone had any of the treatments on Thomson ships? How are they and what sort of prices do they charge?

I have been put off the spa on other ships by the hard sell of products at the end but hoping it might be different on The Celebration.

Julie

Hi Kernow

Here is a post I did some time ago for zetarose who was enquiring about treatments. We've just got back from a trip on the celebration and there seemed to be quite a lot of offers for between £40 -£55 for a selection of reflexology, back massage, pedicure etc. You could do a kind of pick and mix from a selection. I got the feeeling that the prices were a bit cheaper this time and there are daily offers so I guess the prices may vary according to demand. I've not tried any of the treatments so can't give you first hand experience but Thomson don't seem to go for the hard sell in the same way an American company did when we travelled with them - but perhaps the Salon is independent so who knows?

Hi Zetarose,

I haven't got a simple answer to your question about massage costs (usually, you're given a handout by the beauty salon staff as you board giving details of prices and available treatments) but I have found some info from the Cruise News (daily paper with all the activities and information for each day). These are a mixture of 'offers' but will give you an idea:

20 minute back massage together with 20 minute facial for £56

20 minute back massage and blow dry for £56

30 minute luxurious Balinese massage £30

60 minute massage plus shampoo and blowdry £75

15 mins manicure + 15 mins pedicure and receive an extra 15 mins reflexology for £59

Hot stones back massage 30 mins + 20 mins Indian head massage + 10 mins hand massage £69

These are daily offers - but of course you can book a session for single treatments but I haven't got any price lists of those. On some days they will promote treatments with reduced prices - perhaps on days they don't expect to be busy i.e. when they expect nearly everyone is off on trips.

These were prices Sept last year on the Spirit (Med cruise) but I imagine they're similar on all the ships.

Hope this helps:)

Archived