Owner Suite

Prunion

Thanks everyone for the congratulations.

Tom, did you have any privacy on the balcony since it overlooks the ship more so then the ocean, at least by looking at the pictures that’s my impression.

We are so looking forward to it.

Thanks everyone for the congratulations.

Tom, did you have any privacy on the balcony since it overlooks the ship more so then the ocean, at least by looking at the pictures that’s my impression.

We are so looking forward to it.

Not Tom, but have stayed in both on the Ecstasy many times...and will be next week.

Not much privacy at all. Definitely not a place for any hanky panky or nekkidness, unless you don't mind being observed. :)

People from Lido can look up there, and will speak to you because they can't figure out how you got up there.

Also, there is an outside stairway down to the deck above Lido. If you're on your balcony, people going in or out that door can see you...and also wonder how you got "over there".

Thanks Stircrazy for the info., don't know if I will really like having a more bigger, better, stateroom then having my own private balcony. I guess time will tell, but I have to remember, it was free...:)

\

Thanks Stircrazy for the info., don't know if I will really like having a more bigger, better, stateroom then having my own private balcony. I guess time will tell, but I have to remember, it was free...:)

\

There is really no such thing as a private balcony on Fantasy class ships. The Cat 11 balconies are TINY (smaller than Cat 8 balconies on newer ships) and exposed from below, front and back. The Cat 12 balconies are built in sets of two, where you would have an insignificant barrier either forward or aft of you. If you are sitting on your balcony and are talking at any higher than a whisper level, your neighbors will hear it.

When you are on the balcony in an Owner's Suite, and are near the railing - you can indeed look out onto Lido deck, or look forward and easily see people there as well. However, if you are in chairs or loungers away from the railing you will have visual privacy and can feel free to talk at normal levels without concerns about private conversations being overheard. Thus, they are the best balconies on the ship.

Looking FORWARD (at railing):

121499345_XCpAT-L.jpg

Looking AFT (at railing):

121499325_erRGW-L.jpg

I look forward to seeing how the drydock renovations will turn out on the Sensation. With some 6A's having balconies added (to become Cat 8's I assume) and the Suites getting larger balconies.

Tom

There is really no such thing as a private balcony on Fantasy class ships. The Cat 11 balconies are TINY (smaller than Cat 8 balconies on newer ships) and exposed from below, front and back. The Cat 12 balconies are built in sets of two, where you would have an insignificant barrier either forward or aft of you. If you are sitting on your balcony and are talking at any higher than a whisper level, your neighbors will hear it.

When you are on the balcony in an Owner's Suite, and are near the railing - you can indeed look out onto Lido deck, or look forward and easily see people there as well. However, if you are in chairs or loungers away from the railing you will have visual privacy and can feel free to talk at normal levels without concerns about private conversations being overheard. Thus, they are the best balconies on the ship.

Looking FORWARD (at railing):

121499345_XCpAT-L.jpg

Looking AFT (at railing):

121499325_erRGW-L.jpg

I look forward to seeing how the drydock renovations will turn out on the Sensation. With some 6A's having balconies added (to become Cat 8's I assume) and the Suites getting larger balconies.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

We have never sailed the Fantasy line before, only Destiny Class, Triumph Class and the Spirit Class.

Thanks again.

Archived