thoughts on the Radisson?

LittleBit

The Radisson is very nice - all newly renovated, great pool and bar called Splash (No Sand in Your Pants), coffee pots in the beautiful rooms. It's located on upper Roosevelt Blvd about 4 miles from Duval. You can easily take a city bus or shuttle bus into the Duval area. The rooms on the front have a nice view of the bay. It's within walking distance of MacDonalds, the Holiday Inn, Denny's, the Waffle House, and a great Cuban restuarant with live music for dancing called El Meson de Pepes. Enjoy your stay.

The Radisson is at "land's end" and about as far away as you could get from the center of Old Town activity, Duval Street and Mallory Square. Every single place you'll want to visit is not within walking distance. Therefore transportation will be a BIG issue.

You can take public transit but even then you'll have a walk to the nearest stop for the most favorable route. Go HERE and click on the "Purple Route". From the Radisson you'll need to walk about 5-6 blocks to SearsTown for the end-point of the route.

A rental car would be helpful, but even then parking is very difficult and expensive in Old Town.

I assumed you had a car. Parking is $1 an hour at meters in town and you can put in 12 hours worth of quarters. The garage on Grinnell street is $1.50/hr. The lot at Mallory and the garage at the Hilton are $3/hr I think.

A better transportation alterntive IMHO is the Bone Island Shuttle...I feel sure it stops right at the Radisson's front door and will take you to any number of places in town...the current rate is 7 or 8 bucks per day per person...I think Kids are free....you can buy a multi day pass which saves some bucks and can be used in one day by multiple people to bring down everyone's per day cost...in other words, if there are three of you who want to take the shuttle for one day, buy a three day pass but use it all up in one day. Talk to the consierge at the Radisson, he/she will be glad to help you since they get a pretty nice commission.

Clay - a key west local

Archived