Fishing Hall of Fame?? anyone been there?

Dpeeps

We are staying at the Courtyard Mariott the night before our cruise next spring break. Have done a little searching....looks like there is a Bass Pro Shop and the Fishing Hall of Fame and Museum next door to the hotel??? I was wondering if anyone has been to the Hall of fame???? I have 2 boys who are BIG fishing fanatics!!! and I was wondering if it would be worth their time going there?? We are getting in early the day before and there is a big group of us....something for them to do while the girls hang out at the pool!! :) Thanks!

Thanks for your response.....i was reading about that restaurant....forget the name of it right now???? Yes it did look good....do think we will try it! Can u tell me if there is anything else within walking distance....because we will not have a car?? Was just wondering???? Thanks!

Don't miss it. My son went in a said it was well worth the time and cost. I did visit the Bass Pro Shop a couple of times but regretfully did not go into the museum. Next time I'll make sure I see it.

Both Bass Pro Shops and the Fishing Hall of Fame are a must for us every time we go to Port Everglades. We have stayed at the Best Western Rolling Hills - awesome pool which was just off Griffin (Bass Pro and Hall of Fame are just off Griffin on the way back to the pier) Very easy to get to. The fishing hall of fame was very good. There is a room where you "virtually" fight different types of fish - screen in front seeing the fish jump and you are manoevering your rod to catch/keep him - marlins, catfish etc.

We stayed there this spring.

The hotel is great...I mean a must stay when we are in the area

the fishing hall of fame was actually really interesting, lots of different exhibits and the outdoor thing where you can walk through all of the different ecosystems is really cool (including the big fat bull-gator they have is a giant natural habitat)

admission is fairly cheap (a few dollars if I am remembering correctly) and I think there is a discount if you show a receipt from the bass pro shop

enjoy

HA....we didn't go to the hall of fame, BUT we got sandwiches from the SUBWAY in the hall of fame.

we too were going to go over to bass pro shops and eat at islamorada fish co...BUT we were comtose in the comfy beds after our "gourmet" lunch from subway!

the hotel was wonderful.....very nice for a CY and i stay in a LOT of them...well run, great people and a well organized shuttle!!! sign up as soon as you get to the hotel

(good that they like fishing....there really isnt anything else around there to do!!!! but the hotel was nice, and their breakfast buffet was yummy and reasonably priced!

Archived