Formal Night Wardrobe Question

Sonyac

Hi All,

Just wondering if those people who have sailed on the Pacific Dawn can tell me, is it okay for a guy to wear just a shirt and tie for formal night or does he need to wear a jacket?? Hubby doesn't have a jacket but has shirt, tie, nice slacks and nice shoes. Is this acceptable formal wear? :confused:

I noticed on my last cruise (pacific Dawn) that most were more casually dressed.

Very few ladies in long dresses although most were in "nice" dresses more cocktail style.

I didnt feel underdressed in a normal dress.

Maybe for later dinner it was more formal.

I think going on that, your man will be totally ok without a jacket.

Relax and enjoy

Your hubby won't feel out of place without a jacket. My hubby wears a Billabong suit jacket and someone always stops him to tell him he's got something on the back of his jacket. It's the logo that looks splashed on, I think he gets a buzz out of the whole thing. That's the only way he would wear a jacket. He also has Billabong tie, shirt, belt etc. Billabong mad!! Some didn't even wear a tie on formal night!

Umm both in penguin suits how nice.:D

You certainly look fantastic in that suit, as most men do.

Nice photo Kym. And your date looks well dressed too!!:p

Why thank you mam(s)...

Thought I'd go for something a bit more dressy for one of the formal nights on that cruise - it's just an ordinary suit (ie not a tux), but the bow tie and waistcoat seemed to go well with it..

Shirt & Tie will be fine. I wore my jacket to only 1 of the 3 formal nights on Pacific Dawn.

2554215480078909071S500x500Q85.jpg

You look very spiffy in your penguin suit Kym! My husband likes to dress up, as does my 14 year old son. They both wore their formal suits to all 3 formal nights & the formal shots look great.

PAC:)

Carrying a suit can be a right royal pain, especially when travelling distance to get to your cruise. Wearing a suit on a tropical summer night can be a bit stuffy too.

I am easy with folks wearing whatever they want, as long as there is at least a small effort made to look smart. A shirt, trousers and tie certainly fits that OK.

Personally, if my wife is going to make an effort to look glamorous on the formal nights, I am going to make a bit of an effort too, and will wear my dinner suit.

Carrying a suit can be a right royal pain, especially when travelling distance to get to your cruise. Wearing a suit on a tropical summer night can be a bit stuffy too.

I am easy with folks wearing whatever they want, as long as there is at least a small effort made to look smart. A shirt, trousers and tie certainly fits that OK.

Personally, if my wife is going to make an effort to look glamorous on the formal nights, I am going to make a bit of an effort too, and will wear my dinner suit.

Nice to read your posts once again ... I too noticed you were missing from this site for some time.

PAC:)

Welcome back Geoff!! But you might want to choose a new Avatar photo... At first glance that avatar gives totally the wrong impression :eek: or is that just an indication of the way my mind works?

Welcome back Geoff!! But you might want to choose a new Avatar photo... At first glance that avatar gives totally the wrong impression :eek: or is that just an indication of the way my mind works?

I am not seeing it Kym, but maybe it is my mind that is working different.

Archived