What are the differences between the "Fantasy" and the "Conquest" Lines?

pursediva

Oh.... everything is just LARGER!!

The ship is longer and wider.. public areas are larger.....

There are more places to hang out.... more elevators to take....more bars to drink at!!

but... more people to go with it!

We went from the Liberty to the Inspiration, and really felt the difference... going from small to large might be so much better!

Catrin

Conquest is same design as Liberty so if you like Liberty, you will like Conquest. Since you have done Fantasy class before you know what to expect. Conquest class is my favorite with Liberty being my favorite ship so far.

Both are fun ships with a relaxed, laidback attitude.

I like that cabins are larger, we had one with 220 s.f., sweet. I liked the elevators in the back that came up into the middle of the buffet. Finally got the hang of that and where I was.

Of course there is a pay restaurant and a real sushi bar on Conquest. I never did find sushi on the Ecstasy. I dont remember the map board on Ecstasy to follow the ships progress. We had next cruise booking on the Conquest that wasnt offered on the Ecstasy.

The ship looked newer and nicer to me.

Thanks for the tips. There has to be more...anyone else? :o

It will be more crowded than the Fantasy class. Buffet, disembarkation, shops, pool, shows, past guest party.

If you are used to the deck plan of the Fantasy class, throw it out as everything is inverted. You go down to get to where everything is instead of up.

To me I found the Conquest to be too big. The ship's crew are more rushed, are assigned more tables, are assigned more cabins than the Fantasy class ships.

If you have a cabin on deck 6 aft, you wont enjoy it because of all the noise from the piano bar and rear lounge. It is usually around 12-1am for the music (thumping) to die down.

Positives are more dining choices, more open areas, larger shops.

Dave

Conquest is same design as Liberty so if you like Liberty, you will like Conquest. Since you have done Fantasy class before you know what to expect. Conquest class is my favorite with Liberty being my favorite ship so far.

Both are fun ships with a relaxed, laidback attitude.

Just curious, Brenda, why do you like the Liberty ship better?

Just curious, Brenda, why do you like the Liberty ship better?

Liberty is a beautiful ship. Just my opinion but I liked the decor better than other ships. It just seemed classier to me. Loved the lights in the atrium area. Big screen on Lido deck was a plus too but Conquest will have one soon. Conquest is my second favorite ship.

Can't wait to check out Freedom next. I love those shiney, new Carnival ships. :D

Ok this might be silly but I just sailed the Ecstasy after sailing the Conquest last year and I really missed the light up board that showed the ship's position. :p They have it on the Conquest but not on the Ecstasy. I don't know if that's a Conquest-sized ship v. Fantasy-sized ship thing or not.

I enjoy that small feature too. Not that it really matters where we are.....it's still fun to look at. :D

Hi Ya'll! Haven't had any new posts here in the last few days.....Can anyone else share anything about the differences in the class of ships...I am going from the Inspiration in 2006 to the Liberty next weekend....curious to know what to except... Anyone!

Ok this might be silly but I just sailed the Ecstasy after sailing the Conquest last year and I really missed the light up board that showed the ship's position. :p They have it on the Conquest but not on the Ecstasy. I don't know if that's a Conquest-sized ship v. Fantasy-sized ship thing or not.

The only problem with the light up board is it reflects where the ship SHOULD be, not where its really at. We stayed an extra night on Conquest because of Ike, but the lines showing where we were showed we had left Cozumel. We also didnt go ashore at Cayman Islands, and left early, and the lines didnt reflect that.

It was nice but not accurate unless you are where you should be.

Archived