I know I know...ANOTHER Rum Runner Question

caribbeanchickie

Wow! You can fly with those?? :confused: :)

Yes, in your checked luggage. We brought Port in one and another bottle of Port bubble wrapped in our checked luggage. Put them both in a ziplocked baggy, checked luggage, flew to Miami from DC, left the rum runner in the suitcase and carried the bottle on board with the rest of our wine. No problems with the rum runner. I did notice that the RR we filled with Baileys still smells slightly (of Baileys) even after washing it out with soapy water. Oh well, we know which one to refill with Baileys on our next cruise! :)

Purr...I see you're going on Explorer 1/2/09...we were supposed to be on her for the sailing right before (12nt holiday)- We've been on her 3x, last years holiday cruise as well, any questions feel free. I consider her 'home'.....

My SIL works on the EOS so we were going on as her guests. :D

Cruising inside cabin but hey, it's better then not cruising at all. Plus, it's a cheap way for us to try RCCL. :D

I know everyone else has already answered your question but I want to confirm their information.

I have used my RRs on every cruise. When we fly, I put them in a ziplock bag then wrap them in bubble wrap. My dh says that's excessive but I've never had a leak. I too have the cruise kit and fill everyone of those babies up. It's just me and the dh so taking that much is excessive but having too much is better than not enough. I've also taken red bull with bubble wrap with no problem. I'd rather be excessive than have one break and spill on my clothes. Good luck with them and have a GREAT cruise.

I know everyone else has already answered your question but I want to confirm their information.

I have used my RRs on every cruise. When we fly, I put them in a ziplock bag then wrap them in bubble wrap. My dh says that's excessive but I've never had a leak. I too have the cruise kit and fill everyone of those babies up. It's just me and the dh so taking that much is excessive but having too much is better than not enough. I've also taken red bull with bubble wrap with no problem. I'd rather be excessive than have one break and spill on my clothes. Good luck with them and have a GREAT cruise.

PERFECT! Exactly the info I was hoping for.

Thanks for the reply.

never had a problem with RRs....! (caveat...no flying -drive to port)--I wrap them in disposable diapers(just in case) and put them in a big zip lock bag..!! Have used on Carnival and NCL...

My SIL works on the EOS so we were going on as her guests. :D

Cruising inside cabin but hey, it's better then not cruising at all. Plus, it's a cheap way for us to try RCCL. :D

Ahhhhh!! You will love RCCL and mostly, Explorer!! Id travel inside if there was no cost, soooo nice your SIL can arrange it! (I might know her, lol) Have a wonderful time! If you can be outside when you sail away and go under the VZ bridge, its a wonderful experience! If not nice weather, be in Viking crown lounge for similar bridge experience!

Archived