I know I know...ANOTHER Rum Runner Question

caribbeanchickie

Hey all you Liquor smugglers. :D

I have my rum runners and was curious to know, has anyone ever heard of them breaking/leaking?

I'm debating on filling them up at home ( Vancouver) and packing them in the suitcase for the flight. The problem I have is, I have this fear of the darn thing leaking. Whatya think?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Just got home today. boo hoo. Rum runners were a great success, however, I did not fly. I took 2 large, 2 med. and 4 small, put them all in zip lock bags. No problems whatsoever!!

Welcome back...:o

Jeesh, you sure took alot of booze, eh? LOL!

I'm hoping to take 2 large one anyways. :D

The other day I was looking around the cruise critic site and I went to the posts under the heading of saving money on your cruise. Talk about a lot of talk about how to smuggle booze! Anyway there was a lot of talk about the rumrunners.

I've used them many times (even when I'm not on a cruise...as a matter of fact, I'm in New Orleans right now and I brought them along for drinks in my hotel room) and they've worked great! I've never had an issue with them breaking or leaking. I love them (again, not just for cruises)

I've looked at the rumrummer flasks.

OK, once you get in your cabin, do you just have the floppy flasks just lying around?

Also, I'm guessing there is no bad taste that comes from them?

A plastic taste?

Do the room stewards care if you have them?

What about the rules about liquids on airplanes? Anyone have trouble bringing them in their checked luggage?

All Liquids have to be in your checked luggage, so if you put it in your checked luggage, you'll have no problems. However, they way they handle the luggages, I would think twice about putting a bottle vs a flask or plastic bottle.

Hey Michelle! Just 5 days til we leave...Woo Hoo!

My first trip w/ the rum runners was in May. We filled them before we flew and put them in our checked bags. I believe you said you bought the cruise kit (which is the same one I have). The bigger ones fit perfectly in a gallon size ziploc, but we had no troubles with them leaking (but I put everything in baggies just in case). The small ones fit perfectly in a sandwich size baggie.

I'll be filling our big ones w/ pre-mixed margaritas (have enough for at least 2 bags...not sure on the third) and the small ones will be filled with rum (in fact I think a couple still have rum from the last trip in them).

I've looked at the rumrummer flasks.

OK, once you get in your cabin, do you just have the floppy flasks just lying around?

Also, I'm guessing there is no bad taste that comes from them?

A plastic taste?

Do the room stewards care if you have them?

The flasks actually stand up very nicely when they've got liquid in them. We put them in the closet (by the safe) on our cruise (just so they were out of the way), but I don't believe the room steward would care. I'm sure they've seen it all. :D

I did not notice any plastic taste from them. Read somewhere on the boards from someone who had theirs filled for several months and still no issues.

I'd highly recommend these to anyone who has not purchased them yet!

Smelly booze. LOL :D

LOL.

I am sure many people disagree, but IMO they are a waste of money. I just bubble wrap my bottles and place them in zip locks in the center of my suitcase. I also try to purchase plastic bottles whenever possible.

People seem to like them, but I just don't see the need. Even from ports, I can bring back beer with no trouble, and usually am not asked to surrender any booze I bring back.

We are just going to check our luggage with our alcohol - Not going to worry about RR's...Novel idea, but a couple of bottles of alcohol and a couple little ones in an old fashioned hard-case suitcase will be just fine. Bubble wrap and beach towels are WONDERFUL. (Of course, the ziplock baggies are too!)

A very big thank You to everyone who replied.:)

I'm going to take the risk and pack them in the suitcase for the flight....:eek: If they leak, a new post will be started on Nov 4th when I get back home....aahhhhhaa :p

Cruizin1025- Tracey, we are down to the final few days. I'm so frickin excited I can barely control myself.....Work is telling me to leave already....hahahahah

excited001.gif

Make sure you follow the directions that come with them and check them out before you get ready to go on your cruise, sometime's not often but sometimes they do have a hole in them..you can return them and get new ones before you leave..

Just a thought!

Make sure you follow the directions that come with them and check them out before you get ready to go on your cruise, sometime's not often but sometimes they do have a hole in them..you can return them and get new ones before you leave..

Just a thought!

Oh Jeez, another worry for me....LMAO!:p

If they have a hole in them, I'm SOL! We leave Friday night and are from Canada. Not enough time.....

"Note to self" Get the Rum runners ready on Wed. That gives them 2 days to settle and if they leak, I will know before I leave. :cool:

Oh Jeez, another worry for me....LMAO!:p

If they have a hole in them, I'm SOL! We leave Friday night and are from Canada. Not enough time.....

"Note to self" Get the Rum runners ready on Wed. That gives them 2 days to settle and if they leak, I will know before I leave. :cool:

Sorry....didn't mean to cause you more stress...I'm sure they will be fine. ;)

No worries...I stress over everything just before a cruise....LMAO :p

Me too!! Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your smuggled drinks...I have bought the rum runners too...in fact darn near everyone in our group has bought them!

Enjoy and come back and give a TR on how much fun you had...

Me too!! Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your smuggled drinks...I have bought the rum runners too...in fact darn near everyone in our group has bought them!

Enjoy and come back and give a TR on how much fun you had...

I will post a review when I get back. I Might need a couple of days to recover from all the booze in the RR though....LOL!

Archived