EURODAM: Our Opinion of the Ship. Cruised 10/01/2008 thru 10/15/2008 (LONG)

JimVrhovac

I wish there was enough ventilation on the pool deck when the roof is partially open but that has not been my experience. Add to that the side windows not opening and it does make for poor ventilation when smoking is allowed. What most smokers don't realize is how the smoke from just one cigarette can migrate and pollute a very large area.

Jim has so kindly asked for this to not become a "smoking thread".. He has kindly given us smokers info on the Eurodam.. Please if you want to speak your mind on your problem with smoking start a new thread..:cool:All I'm trying to say is hate to see a good thread ruined..

Bulldog

I live in RI and was able to take a tour of this ship when it was docked in Newport on the 11th. We thought the ship was beautiful, albeit not laid out the best. We did have a luncheon and thought the food was amazing. Here are some pictures we took:

The first is looking towards the poolside cabanas on the lido deck; second is inside of one of those cabanas; 3rd & 4th are the Lido Pool area from above; 5th picture is the larger cabana area above the main deck - not sure what this area is called (sorry) .

We wished we could stow away and finish the cruise with you, Jim!

33584048_Picture030.jpg.2831b8c8995918352e2d3bdb5a067a88.jpg

1185287550_Picture034.jpg.2ec1c796db89d3cb8f7701f3e59f1144.jpg

930040526_Picture040.jpg.efafc4cc896148e00960d2da08bdcaa9.jpg

2001322620_Picture072.jpg.3a4ea6c9b6c2de6d3ad36f16698ed64e.jpg

529315237_Picture085.jpg.020cacff8cf839d0784e488c1995a561.jpg

Smoking with tables and chairs is allowed at the Sea View Pool (aft).

SAKE MENU: Cold - Momokawa Silver (clear) and Pearl (cloudy, unfiltered). Warm - Moonstone Asian Pear and Moonstone Raspberry. We had a Pearl carafe for $11 (plus 15%).

Thank You so much for answering my question.

We have had the Neptune lonuge make our dining reservations ever since they started the program.

Next time someone tells you no request an appointment with the Guest Relations Manager THAT DAY. The GRM also manages the Neptune and Fron Desk staff.

Their job is to make your cruise better by taking care of all the small details and that is what you pay the extra fare for....

Ruth & Jim

Say, did you happen to know if there was a bartender on board named "Jimmy"? He would have just come off the Noordam... Supposed to be transferring to the Eurodam when it moved south.

We are heading on the Eurodam in 2 weeks, and were curious if he's there.

Hi Jim,

I enjoyed your review. No wonder you were so disappointed with your aft suite. The enormous balcony is so special and to not have it would be a HUGE diapppointment.

Your opinion of Lido caabanas seem to jive with majority of those who've beenon board.

It was hard to judge the users perspective on the Retreat area or the Lido deck.

If you are in a suite you already hace a nice deck area.

If you are in an inside cabin these may be just the thing for you to use to sunbathe. Only time will tell how much they will be used. The judge will be when they start cruising the Caribbean.

Ruth & Jim

What was your cabin number and do you have pictures? I'm stayiing in a stern cabin on Deck 5 in less than 2 weeks.

Diane

5192 on the Eurodam. This is the only picture I have of the cabin, but maybe you can see how small the veranda is:

2990203450103118723S500x500Q85.jpg

Guess I may as well prepare to be somewhat disappointed. We booked an aft wrap suite for our upcoming 11/8 sailing on the Eurodam because of the wonderful experience in a similar cabin on the Zuiderdam. Now, it appears that the balcony will only be about 1/2 the size; at least that's what I'm reading on this thread. This a pic of our suite balcony on the Z.

1222860291_Zidrdam2003026.jpg.6a0ba8c126f2acadce6eeea596c7a1b6.jpg

HAL supplied the shower chair. Remember that you had to put two legs outside the tub and two legs inside the tub and sit 90 degrees from the shower. The new shower chairs fit 100% in the tub and when you sit you look at the shower. There is also a back support on them GOOD JOB HAL.

I think it was SC suite. Back corner. I just pay the bills and say "YES DEAR" I have learned that this is the safest thing to do. If you think Tony Soprano is vindictive let it happen that Ruth does not get her own way................

Jim (without Ruth)

Jim, I just now had the chance to read your review and see the pictures you posted of 5187 :eek: Oh My if one was expecting anything close to this same cabin in a Vista they would be shocked. At one point the very first time we booked this in the Canceled October Eurodam cruise we were booked in 5187.

It is good they still have the extra wall of closets next to the bed in that cabin but it does appear to be a bit smaller cabin.

Also thanks to the poster who stated what the Sake menu was. I had asked that a few weeks ago and no one had that answer. I carafe of Pearl or as I would call it Nigori sound perfect for me and not a bad price of $11 ;)

Jim did you by chance see the verandahs of the regular S Suites? Were they same size as they are on the Vista's? I am sure you were disappointed when you saw the verandah after having been on the Oosterdam in February. At least we get to enjoy the cabins one more time before they cover them up:o

• 5 years later...
Alert. This is a six year old thread.

Someone is pulling up alot of old Eurodam reviews. I think there is four or five of them listed today.:confused:

What is going on...I was shocked to read who the OP was.. Don't believe Jim has been on since his darling Ruth Passed away...

Has anyone alerted the Hosts about all of these old threads that are being pulled up?

Edited by serendipity1499