Advice needed re Boudicca Caribbean Cruise

KeithLancashire

• 2 weeks later...

I have just returned from my cruise on the Boudicca and would like to add the following posted by Keith.

Food - it was great in the main dining rooms with plenty of choice, there was a variety of fish dishes every day which I enjoyed and the few times I had steak found it to be first class. We didn't bother with the outside dining experience as it was a bit of a scrum but a lot did, it's a matter of horses for courses.

Shows - I found that most people enjoyed them and found them to be, for the most part, excellent.

Sun Loungers - as mentioned above it was sometimes difficult to find one in the shade, but that seems to be the case with the smaller ships.

Tipping - I had no problem with following the guidelines publised and exceeded it in the case of the waiters who were first class.

Trips - in Tobago, Curaco and Jamaica we haggled for a taxi and went to the beach for the morning, following the guidance of the FO daily sheet which was well prepared and very helpful.

Cuba - we have wanted to go to Cuba for some time and booked the city tour which was a disappointment as we could have experienced as much walking up to the square and Cathedral. We went to the Tropicana show in the evening which proved to be a terrific venue and almost worth the fee but was disappointed with the show which was more like a parade or carnival. There were a lot of very satisfied people though and it wasn't anything to do with the quarter bottle of rum allocated to each person.

Santo Domingo - my advice would be to walk the old town and not go to the beach, the hassle I experienced at the recommended beach from sellers was worse than any beach I have ever been to.

Antigua - having been there before we were happy to go to the nearest beach with a group and had a good day on a lovely beach.

St Lucia - having previously had a tour there we walked the town and quite enjoyed the experience and found the taxi drivers attitude to be positive but sensible and all wished us well when we told them we were returning to their island. We caught the water taxi back to the area where there were some nice shops and ended up having a some rum punch and listening to Karoke singing. So that proved to be another good day.

Bequia - my wife and I wanted to go ashore but she picked up a virus and was unable to face the tendering operation to get to shore. We were told by everyone that the beaches were the best they had visited.

The Ship and Treasures of the Carribbean Cruise - we found the whole experience to be first class. Perhaps it was the size of the ship but people all seemed to get on and were keen to mingle and converse and the whold cruise package worked like a charm for us.

Hi Keith ,

We are off on the Bodiccia for the first time in March, could you confirm if there are any tea/coffee facilities in the cabins .

We had tea, coffee and two types of biscuits wich were replenished frequently. Some decks had fresh fruit on stream as well.

Archived