Progreso and Cozumel - Carnival Fantasy - with 18-Month Old

CJ's Mom

Hi everyone,

I've been devouring these threads for the last week and have already learned so much. Unfortunately I also read the thread about falling overboard and now my stomach is in knots even though I've bought a harness for that very reason!

My big question is about Progreso and Cozumel, and anything about the Fantasy in particular. We're thinking about doing the Progreso Resort Beach Break, although I'm a bit worried about having him in the sun all day. He is vampire fair and even with sunblock probably doesn't need more than a few hours. How difficult is it to get back to the ship when you're ready?

Also, how "safe" do you feel is the food, water, milk etc. once you get off the ship? We were in Progreso six years ago and it was fairly rough -- nothing I'd feel comfortable feeding my baby.

Thank you!

If you just want to go to the beach, go on your own. If you do an excursion, you'll be there the entire time with the group.

I wouldn't eat or drink anything raw in Mexico--ever! I certainly wouldn't give unpackaged foods to my babyin Mexico! No ice, no fruit, nothing washed in water.....nothing raw. Bring a few boxes of dry cereal off the ship, for snacks, and only buy bottled drinks.

I can't speak about Progresso but in Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach. My little one was 20 months at the time. We were able to get chairs near the covered bar area so we had shade the 3 hours that we were there. It wasn't a "scary" bar where all the patrons were drunk, loud or obnoxious. The only people at the bar were the servers.

We took a cab there and there were plenty of cabs sitting outside waiting to take cruisers back to the ship. We arrived about 9:30, left by 12 and had lunch on the ship.

The food and drinks were safe at PB because they use filtered water. My little one had water, a smoothie, and some salsa with no problems. I always had snacks though anyways. I'd bring a few boxes of cheerios from the ship and I had a Carnival jug that I would fill with ice and I had a bottle of water.

Archived