WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

SIL -

Captain - Emanuel A

CD - Rich Clesen (short contract)

Michaels - Jole Jacoby

Captains Club - Donna Tremblath

I know for sure that Donna will depart on 02 Feb and Elaine will be CCH. There was a post that Anka would return as MCC in 18 Jan. Have not heard anything about the CD. We will be cruising in SI 31 Jan. I will post here the team there and any info on xfers. ~ Rick

Would recent cruisers have any info on Infinity, Connie, SIL, and REF for Captain, CD, Michaels Club?

Thanks in advance! Trying to decide between cruises, and hope some favorites may be onboard?:confused:

Is there info on Celebrity site (I didn't see one) or an email address that would respond?

Debra

I posted the Infinity as of 12/5-20 cruise, there would have been no changes for the cruise that ended a few days ago, but there may be a few changes now.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

What is the current crew list for Connie please?

We have just booked for next year, I know things can change before then but I am interested just the same

Thank you

Also looking for an update on the Connie - will be on her next week :D!

Where has Arno been??

I have not seen any posts from him and someone here said they do not think he will be updating the chart anymore.

Hope he has not given up cruising. Would love to see him again!

Last I heard, Arno was taking a well-deserved break from the boards. But, my guess is that he'll turn up again -- probably when you least expect it! ;)

Also looking for an update on the Connie - will be on her next week :D!

We were on at Christmas and I'm struggling with names. Damien was the cruise director. The captain was only 37 yrs old and participated in the water volleyball and was visible every evening. I remember a Ralf too

Sorry it's not much help but the others were invisible other than doing the water volleyball

We were on at Christmas and I'm struggling with names. Damien was the cruise director. The captain was only 37 yrs old and participated in the water volleyball and was visible every evening. I remember a Ralf too

Sorry it's not much help but the others were invisible other than doing the water volleyball

Tasos is the Captain. Damian, the CD is leaving Thursday and Rich Clesen is scheduled to replace him.

I hope they are still cruising !!

X boards without Arno is like a day without sunshine. Hope to have him back online real soon!!!

Arno said on another site that he was done with CC, but posted shortly thereafter. He often changes his screen name. His work on this thread has been much appreciated.

Next up? Doesn't work like that. Often they don't even know when they go home for 2 months... where they will be returning to. Friend is a DR. on ship and he's just going home for 4 months and knows he will be returning to a ship but no idea where or which one.

Just came off Christmas and New Years cruise; was talking to Staff Captain at beginning of cruise and asking him things like... how much longer do you think before you will become Captain.. reply.. hopefully with 4 new ships coming out soon, in next few years... last night of cruise ; it was announced he was just made Captain... that was so exciting; later I asked him ; if he had known at the beginning when I talked to him but was sworn to secrecy; NO; was totally shocked and delighted and had got the new only that morning; he had no idea to what ship ... but pay was starting that day and if he hadn't heard which ship; his contract was over in two weeks on this one; go home four months and wait for call back and to which ship, so even they don't have a lot of knowledge where they are going in advance. In his case; he might not get the 4 months off; wherever and whenever the need is.

Next up? Doesn't work like that. Often they don't even know when they go home for 2 months... where they will be returning to. Friend is a DR. on ship and he's just going home for 4 months and knows he will be returning to a ship but no idea where or which one.

Just came off Christmas and New Years cruise; was talking to Staff Captain at beginning of cruise and asking him things like... how much longer do you think before you will become Captain.. reply.. hopefully with 4 new ships coming out soon, in next few years... last night of cruise ; it was announced he was just made Captain... that was so exciting; later I asked him ; if he had known at the beginning when I talked to him but was sworn to secrecy; NO; was totally shocked and delighted and had got the new only that morning; he had no idea to what ship ... but pay was starting that day and if he hadn't heard which ship; his contract was over in two weeks on this one; go home four months and wait for call back and to which ship, so even they don't have a lot of knowledge where they are going in advance. In his case; he might not get the 4 months off; wherever and whenever the need is.

What ship and what Staff Captain? Not a Celebrity ship I presume since you said 4 new builds. Fits Royals plans.

Edited by Orator

Thanks Burrma. From my knowledge the Captains and senior officers are on a three month on, three month off rotation within a contract of 2 or so years. My Uncle is Chief Engineer (Evangelis Saliaris) on the Equinox and is ending his three month rotation this month. I haven't spoken to him yet, thus my curiosity as to who will be on in February. From reading this thread it seems Captain Leo (formally of the Summit) is currently Master, but most likely will go on his vacation sometime in February. I have quite a few relatives on Celebrity ships with similar work schedules.

I believe Burma was on the RCCL Serenade. We were on that cruise and the announcement about the Staff Captain was announced.

Good call Orator !!! I hope you are not giving up CC. (I can't believe Arno would really do that to us). We need frequent, knowledgeable travelers on these boards!

Hope to cross paths again sometime.

Alma

Your right; sorry If I posted on wrong site or didn't make myself clear. iIt was Serenade of Seas. Just off RC; 2 weeks RC again and then Celebrity; can't keep them clear but who cares... as long as we are cruising!

Your right; sorry If I posted on wrong site or didn't make myself clear. iIt was Serenade of Seas. Just off RC; 2 weeks RC again and then Celebrity; can't keep them clear but who cares... as long as we are cruising!

Your post was quite good. It is important for new cruisers to know that staff rotates and you really can't tell for sure who will be on what ship too far in advance. Captains on Celebrity are usually assigned to the same ship for 2 years. Lots of shifting going on this year. I was interested in the identity of the new Captain since there are some outstanding Staff Captains on Celebrity ships who have completed, or are close to completing the required 4th year of sea service and would make excellent Captains.

Nice to see you back on CC; Orator; your expertise was missed.

New Captain that was announced was presently staff Captain on Serenade of Seas. First name was Adre; not the youngest Captain; two years ago when we were on Grandeur at Christmas, the staff captain also got his appointment and he was the youngest to ever make a Captain; his Father was also working as Captain of RC. Is it RC that has the women Captain; would love to follow their lives and placements.

Love CC; didn't know they had 2 years contracts for same ship.

Nice to see you back on CC; Orator; your expertise was missed.

New Captain that was announced was presently staff Captain on Serenade of Seas. First name was Adre; not the youngest Captain; two years ago when we were on Grandeur at Christmas, the staff captain also got his appointment and he was the youngest to ever make a Captain; his Father was also working as Captain of RC. Is it RC that has the women Captain; would love to follow their lives and placements.

Love CC; didn't know they had 2 years contracts for same ship.

Hi there. The Celebrity Summit has the first US woman captain. Kate McCue.