Princess transfer disembarkation

lolabarola

Hi. We were independent and just off the ship last Wednesday. We did not use it but recall it being $70 per person. Perhaps someone else can confirm this.

We hired a transfer service which cost 2200 bhat. That converts to about 64 US dollars. For 5000 bhat, we had transfer service, temple tour and drop off at hotel.

Had I known what was going to happen to me (lost luggage pierside), I would have taken the transfer. Luggage still not found.

If interested, I just posted some dinner menus, which of course are subject to change. I think Day 9 is missing which is Day 1 of Hong Kong:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/568297440jgrRXq

Thank you for that - yes, if its offered I think we'll go with the princess transfer. Thank you for the menus; was any evening restaurant trip organised for the overnight in Hong Kong? Did you enjoy the cruise? Any advice, tips etc would be very welcome!

There was an evening Hong Kong by night tour dinner. We did not do it but I believe it included beijing/peking duck dinner, harbour light show and some shopping at the night street market. I believe the cost was $79.00.

We went on our own. Took the Star Ferry to Kowloon and went to the Temple street night market. In that area, there are lots of restaurants. Enjoyed spicy crab then took a taxi to watch the harbour lights show (again on Kowloon side). The light show lasted about 10 or 15 minutes then we taxied back to the night market for more shopping.

We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise and Hong Kong was near or at the top of our list! Our pre-cruise in Beijing was amazing. Post-cruise Bangkok was also very nice.

If you have specific questions, please contact me at ianseh@hotmail.com.

Hi

Has anyone travelling independently, ie no flights or transfers included, used the Princess transfer from disembarkation at Laem Chabang to Bangkok? Wondered if it worked cheaper than the average 2,400 baht for a private transfer....

Following our recent Diamond Princess cruise, we had arranged for an independent transfer from Laem Chabang to Bangkok. For the four of us in a VIP Van (we had LOTS of luggage), we paid 3,200 Baht -- or 800 per person. Came out to less than Princess wanted per person and we had an extremely comfortable transfer direct to our hotel (Sheraton Royal Orchid). If you are not staying at one of Princess's post-cruise hotels, you will have to continue on to your destination with a taxi once reaching Bangkok. Or, are you simply needing to get to BKK on the day of disembarkation?

Immediately upon coming out of the terminal building at Laem Chabang (before you go to find your luggage -- which, BTW, was incredibly efficient on the day our cruise ended), there is a transfer desk arranging for transportation to Bangkok, the airport, Phuket, etc. etc. The dispatcher and his team seemed to be functioning well, probably because it seemed as though most passengers did not wait until arrival to make their arrangements.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Does anyone know at time the first Princess bus will arrive at Bangkok airport. Our ship arrives at 7 AM in Laem Chabang. We want to take a domestic flight at 12:30, but we're not sure if we will be able to make it in time.

Thanks.

Bianca

Archived