carnival category change

Robert and Sandy

This is the problem. I booked a group of about 50 people with this we all would get a free upgrade from a 8a to a 8b which would be from 6 floor to 7 floor and this is what we had decided to use our points on. now carnival has changed the category to be front and back on 6 floor to be 8a and mid ship 6floor to be 8b Should I be upset about this When we booked They were all 6 floor 8a 7 floor 8b

This is the problem. I booked a group of about 50 people with this we all would get a free upgrade from a 8a to a 8b which would be from 6 floor to 7 floor and this is what we had decided to use our points on. now carnival has changed the category to be front and back on 6 floor to be 8a and mid ship 6floor to be 8b Should I be upset about this When we booked They were all 6 floor 8a 7 floor 8b

Personally I would be happy with being mid ship given the recategorizing done, but I think you need to be talking to your TA to see if some type of compensation (perhaps a little OBC ?) be provided for the changes. Don;t go in fighting... explain your concerns and see if they are willing to work with you on this. JMHO

Robert, Check to see what is under your cabins. If it is the night club, get it changed now. Mid ship would be better than fore and aft on Upper deck (6th floor).

if the cabins mid ship are in a good location...then you are OK, but need to speak with your TA (or CCL) before you talk to your friends. So many people think that HIGHER UP staterooms are better, when in reality, they will have more motion distress potential than staterooms lower and more mid ship. Talk to your TA and explain your concerns over this change happening AFTER you had used your ammenity points and perhaps they will work with you on this to appease everyone !

It's doesn't realy matter that Iam on the sixth floor as long (as we or not over a bar) but I have to go and explane to 50 people why we or not on the seventh floor

There is really nothing wrong with the Upper Deck unless you are over the night clubs. Let them know now that a Cat 6b is mid ship Upper Deck and they shouldn't be upset. 6th floor or 7th floor, who really cares? A cruise on the 6th floor is better than going to work.

Thanks for understanding I though I might get flamed for asking this question

No flaming on this one as long as you don't include questions about Passports, Children onboard, Tipping, Smoking, Fuel Supplement refunds, etc.... Let us know how you come out with your TA on this ! :D

There is really nothing wrong with the Upper Deck unless you are over the night clubs. Let them know now that a Cat 6b is mid ship Upper Deck and they shouldn't be upset. 6th floor or 7th floor, who really cares? A cruise on the 6th floor is better than going to work.

oh you so right

You can still upgrade from deck 6 to 7, you just wouldnt be midship. Your choice.

Everyone is having to deal with the higher categories, or higher prices so dont feel alone. Take cabins in the aft section of deck 7 and you will be still up a deck.

You can still upgrade from deck 6 to 7, you just wouldnt be midship. Your choice.

Everyone is having to deal with the higher categories, or higher prices so dont feel alone. Take cabins in the aft section of deck 7 and you will be still up a deck.

I am checking with ta right now if they are available

We really haven't heard anything that would keep us awake and I am a light sleeper.

Did you have cabins assigned already? If you booked guarantees, how do you know what CCL plans to assign to you? Your promotion might be from A to B but what if you get C, D etc? Happens all the time with guarantees. We booked an 8A gty on our last group cruise and we were assigned an 8E extended balcony which was actually several category upgrade.

ok TA said that she should be able to get us on the seventh floor rear and front at lease I don't have to explane anything to anyone She will email me cabin # today:D

Great, that solves all your problems. Now quit worrying and have a great cruise...:D :D :D No stress...

ok TA said that she should be able to get us on the seventh floor rear and front at lease I don't have to explane anything to anyone She will email me cabin # today:D

See, hopefully there were enough cabins together that still were the right category so everyone is happy. Glad you got it worked out.

Archived