Low Carb Beer - EOS

There was a newspaper article recently comparing beers, and it seems that Miller Lite is about the same carbs as the Ultra. I thought the Ultra was ok, but I like the new Aspen is better.

RCCL Monarch 7-96

RCCL Monarch 7-97

Carnival Sensation 6-99

Carnival Destiny 6-01

Norwegian Sun 6-02

Celebrity Century 6-03

Rhapsody of the Seas 7-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;7;11;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Rhapsody of the Seas 10-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;10;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

My husband works for Anheuser-Busch, and we are brand loyal. Michelob Ultra is my beer of choice right now, b/c it has fewer carbs than Bud Light. I told our Meet & Mingle board that I'd check on Green Light too.

Anyone recently back, notice the carb craze catching on w/ low carb beers on board?

Explorer 04/2004

Mercury 04/2003

Rhapsody 09/2002

Century 02/2002

Actually, most light beers ARE low carb, until recently though, they couldn't advertise it.

So drink up!

(What's going to happen when you go to dinner?!)

:O

Carnival Imagination 4/00

Holland America Veendam 3/03

O.K. I am falling for this train --

How many carbs in Aspen? Ultra Michelob? Green Light? My low carb choice (before there were even "net carbs" icon_biggrin.gif has been Miller Light -- 3.2 (real)carbs.

Bookit

Rock Green Light is Rolling Rock's version of low-carb! It has 2.6 grams of carbs. Coor's Aspen has 2.6 too.

My low carb fave, Ultra also has 2.6 grams.

At 6.6 grams of carbs, Bud Light hardly qualifies as a low carb beer. It's practically got the same carbs as many "normal" beers. It's also high in calories. Mind you, I state all of this as a Bud Light drinker, but I've lost 19lbs on Atkins, and I'm trying to conserve my carb intake everywhere I can, because I AM going to eat bread & dessert on my 4/24 cruise!

Explorer 04/2004

Mercury 04/2003

Rhapsody 09/2002

Century 02/2002

Thanks for the info First_timer --

I have tried Ultra ( icon_eek.gif) but I may try it again, as well as the other for 2.6 carbs -- I am trying to conserve all the carbs I can -- I mean -- I choose the lowest carb ATKINS drink! icon_biggrin.gif (I have lost about 17 lbs. -- cruise soon!) icon_razz.gif Going to eat bread and whatever desserts I can carry!

Bookit

Bookit, good going, that is the brand my DH drinks and he has lost over 30 pounds so far! I have finally broke my plateau and am on the road to losing more (after over 40 pounds lost).

Watch things with sugar alchols in them, they slow you down. icon_frown.gif

barbara02.gif

My vacation pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/abridalmaven

Norwegian Dawn May 23

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My DH is a fan of Green Light and they did NOT have it on our cruise Nov 29th. I "believe" our friends drank Michelob Ultra. Maybe they have gotten it by now though. My DH hopes they have it on AOS by our Nov 28th cruise.

Cindy icon_cool.gif

Abridalmaven,

Thanks! I have reached the plateau, and it is really hard for me now .... I have cut my carbs even lower (than 20) ... thus, the interest in the carb count -- My goal is to lose 35 lbs. more. icon_rolleyes.gif

I think I will try Ultra again, along with Aspen and Green Light mentioned here.

Bookit

Note to Abridalmaven: I had to email "our other site" yesterday from work -- I'll log on directly this morning. icon_cool.gif

Mikes light only has 2 carbs and I think 86 cals. And I think it taste as good as regular Mikes Hard limonade.

Serenade 10/30/03

Destiny 6/02

Monarch 5/99

Holiday 4/98

Tropical 6/95

Asure Seas 3/93

Asure Seas 5/91

Holiday 3/88

Ms Southward 5/85

Hey First timer, gotta love the Ultra and got to love it even more for free. My wife also works for A-B and since Ultra has come out it has been a popular request of all our friends. Let us know if it is onboard, we are going on Enchantment in January and would like to have it there. Have Fun!

Disney Magic 01/10/04

Enchantment of the Seas 01/22/05

Fireguy091,

What is the alcohol in Mike's light? Bourbon? Or is it some kind of malt liquor?

Am I the only one that thinks Ultra doesn't have much taste icon_confused.gif? (No offense to the A-B group) --

Bookit, I'm with you as far as the Ultra taste, but then we have gotten used to some good ol' German beer in Fredericksburg, TX! I do drink the Ultra at times though when I'm trying to be good. My husband is not one who tried to drink low carb, and he thinks the Aspen has more taste. We all are different icon_cool.gif

RCCL Monarch 7-96

RCCL Monarch 7-97

Carnival Sensation 6-99

Carnival Destiny 6-01

Norwegian Sun 6-02

Celebrity Century 6-03

Rhapsody of the Seas 7-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;7;11;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Rhapsody of the Seas 10-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;10;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Jwmimi,

We have been known to favor Shiner Bock in Bandera (that is TX for any reading -- Hill Country!) I think I will try the Aspen this weekend -- and in deference to our CC A-B employees -- I'll try the Ultra again. I have never cared for regular Rolling Rock too much -- just too light for my taste -- but I will try out the Green Light just in case. All this may sound very weird to those who have never done this diet icon_eek.gif, but saving a few carbs here and there may be a WHOLE MEAL (otherwise) icon_razz.gif.

Bookit

My husband, the A-B guy, can't stand Ultra. But, he's BUD man to the bone. With that said, he really doesn’t care for any light beer. He's all about the full bodied beers. His favorite is the new World Select. It's the one that very similar to Heineken. He's so happy they came out w/ it!

I'm going to have to try that Mike's Light tho. I'll have to sneak off w/ it, and drink it in the closet (jk)! I've been missing those types of drinks.

I've lost 19lbs so far, and am only 5 away from looking great in my bathing suit again. However, I don't think I'm going to be able to knock off another 5 before this Sat. when we leave on Explorer! I've reached that plateau, and I just can't seem to get off. I only have 15g of carbs per day, and I don't see myself lowering it any more than that.

I did appreciate the info about the sugar alcohols. I'm going to stay away from those for the rest of the week.

Explorer 04/2004

Mercury 04/2003

Rhapsody 09/2002

Century 02/2002

Hey first timer, I see no one seems to know if low carb bee is offered on board yet or not, but as someone said above, most light beers are already low carb. Congrats on your Atkins progress. It's like a wonder diet. I'm like you..would love to lose 5 my lbs before this Sat, but seriously doubt if it will happen. I've been losing like 1.5 to 2lbs a week which is reasonable. See you Sat!

01 Cobra

Hey Ann!

Yup, I wish someone who's just come off the ship could help us answer the burning low carb beer question! Less than a week & we're outta here!

Explorer 04/2004

Mercury 04/2003

Rhapsody 09/2002

Century 02/2002

Archived