Will we see anything? Emerald deck rooms on Emerald Princess

Aussiemate

Room E520

After looking at the deck plans, I think you have a very good chance of seeing something. You are kinda, sorta, between two lifeboats, and although you won't have a huge view, you should be able to see a bit of the water and straight out. The deck plans showing the life boat locations are usually pretty accurate in this aspect. So, unless they are way off for this deck, I would say you have a good chance for a 'limited' view.

Enjoy your cruise, and congrats on that upgrade (I am guessing maybe you were upgraded from an inside cabin? If yes, then even an obstructed view cabin is better as you won't only get a bit of a view, but you will be able to tell morning from night.)

Yes were wer upgraded from an inside room. On an Alaska cruise it was great having an inside room because for our daughter who was 2 year old at the time, it was perfectly dark at her usual bedtime and the sun was up until very late.

I don't know the room sizes...but generally an outside cabin is larger than an inside cabin.

While I don't think I'd ever buy an outside...(I'd go inside or balcony unless upgraded) It's more about the light. Your body will get a better sense for 'time of day' than with an inside. Sure, you may peak out the window a few times a day...but I'm guessing most people don't sit and stare out the window very long.

We had an obstructed view room on the Emerald on our cruise to Greece. The lifeboats were below the window and we could see just fine. The room was large with plenty of storage and in the middle of the ship - very convenient. Room number was 6something. I'm sure you will be very happy with the room.

Archived