Pier Parking Question ~ Port Everglades

HeatherInFlorida

midport , berth 26 :)

http://www.co.broward.fl.us/port.htm

Terminal 26

Description: Dual purpose facility handling both cargo and cruise operations.

Cruise terminal: 13,168 square feet / 1,223 square meters

Baggage handling: 22,500 square feet / 2,090 square meters

Transit cargo warehouse: 67,110 square feet / 6,235 square meters

Built: 1988

Renovations: '95- new flooring; '97- $70,000 in upgrades including new firewall and A/C in baggage claim area.

Primary user(s): Holland America Line

Facilities: Covered passenger drop-off, passenger seating, two sets of restrooms, mezzanine, one elevator, escalator, duty-free concession, snack bar, baggage handling, one hydraulically-powered, covered passenger loading bridge, fully air-conditioned, handicapped access.

Parking: Midport Parking Garage

Comments: Design of cruise terminal by Michael Schiff & Associates earned Architectural Award from Broward County Architects Association. Open, light and airy with panoramic view of Intracoastal Waterway and cruise ship operations.

I think it is usually the Midport garage- Pier 26 I believe- BUT it could be something different any particular day. They will tell you when you arrive at the port and go through security. We left from 26 on the Oosterdam, but berthed at the pier next to 26 when returning. So there was no problem getting back to Midport parking deck.

On the Rotterdam we left from 26 and arrived back at Pier 4! Had to grab a cab back to Midport deck which was a mess. Obviously the pax embarking went to Pier 4, not 26.

Bottom line- they'll tell you when you get there. :rolleyes:

Peaches is correct. Wait until you arrive at FLL before heading for the parking garage. Your best bet would also be to drive direct to the ship's pier, unload all baggage and accompanied passengers, and then the driver can take the car to the parking garage and usually walk back to meet & board together.

When taking a New Year's Cruise, the ship must have been at pier 4, way out in the boon-docks, industrial type area. On our return, ship berthed close enough to walk to the garage. Free bus service was provided to/from the parking garage when at the distant pier.

Also suggest making a notation on your parking stub for which deck and area you parked. Have seen many a lost soul trying to remember where they parked.

Happy cruising.....

Might I also suggest making a note of what car you bring? I once spent over an hour and a half looking for my car at Dallas' Love Field parking garage, only to FINALLY remember I had left my husband's car there the week before. :o

Now that was a blonde moment!

Beth

Might I also suggest making a note of what car you bring? I once spent over an hour and a half looking for my car at Dallas' Love Field parking garage, only to FINALLY remember I had left my husband's car there the week before. :o

Now that was a blonde moment!

Beth

Too funny, Beth! I can just picture the chagrin on your face when you realized :rolleyes:

Archived