Harbor House and Fisherman's Wharf?

SoonerOne

Willie G's is opening tonight I understand.:D

That's great news!:D I thought they looked close to opening when we were down there last week...they were painting and had signs up that they were hiring.

I know every business, restaurant, and hotel that reopens is a cause for celebration and a sign of normalcy. I think getting some restaurants and businesses open downtown and by the cruise terminals will be a huge step "back" for the city."

Galveston Cruiser, does it look like anything else is going to open before Dickens on the Strand this weekend?

Exciting things are happening in Galveston! Can't wait 'til our 1/4/09 Voyager cruise and our stay at HH again. We have stayed there several times but never in 302 because there are usually 3-4 of us and we need 2 beds. I believe that 302 only has one king and the one next to it has 2 queens, which is where we usually stay. We got to visit our friends who were in 302 and they loved it.

My favorite place to eat was Stingaree on Bolivar but I assume it does not exist anymore. I liked to have drinks and the shrimp kisses at Fishermans Warf and watch the Ecstacy sailaway before going to Stingaree, though. I love riding the ferry and watching the dolphins. I also like that Harbor Tour.

Our roll call is planning on meeting at Fishermans Warf late afternoon or early evening the day before the cruise. I have suggested Casey's a back up plan but if Willie G's will be open that will work.

When I saw Joe's Crab Shack a couple of weeks ago I saw no signs of work being done on it. It looked bad.

Patti

Yay, this is all GREAT news!!! I too got a message on my voice mail when I got home from work yesterday confirming our reservations in February at the Harbor House. And Fisherman's Wharf and Willie G's should both be open when we are there, fantastic! We've never stayed at HH or eaten at either FW or WG's, but we are really looking forward to it!!!

I just called and confirmed our reservations and she couldn't confirm our room number, but I requested room 302. Can't wait!

Thanks again to those in the Galveston area giving us updates:)

Don't remember which room number I had at the Harbor House, but I had a great view of the Ecstasy coming in and turning around on Saturday morning. Made myself a cup of coffee in my room, opened the window, and enjoyed the breeze, view, sounds......

For me, the HH was a great choice; I came in on Thursday night, spent Friday walking around the downtown area (very close, short walk to the Strand), and actually walked from the HH to the cruise terminal on Saturday morning (my suitcase has wheels so it was no big deal).

Got back into Galveston on Thursday September 11 with Ike hot on our heels....! Had a tough time lining up transportation to Houston, and once I finally got there, found out all flights on Friday were cancelled!

Met Ike up close and personal.

Finally flew home on Tuesday Sept 16....

Got back into Galveston on Thursday September 11 with Ike hot on our heels....! Had a tough time lining up transportation to Houston, and once I finally got there, found out all flights on Friday were cancelled!

Met Ike up close and personal.

Finally flew home on Tuesday Sept 16....

Holy crap! Welcome to Texas :o, sorry you had to live through a hurricane! Glad you're ok!

I was actually shocked to see people boarding the ship on the 11th when the island was under a mandatory evacuation order. I was worried about them the whole time.

We also love the Harbor House--

They were very late letting us check in- that kinda set a bid taste, but the room was outstanding!!

I do not remember the number, but we had a king bed and there were 2 windows. One we saw the ship go by really early and it woke us up-- the other overlooked the dock. The second window is just like their web cam. It was great-- my dd and dh went down and I took pics from the window. We gave our name at Willie G's and then came back to the room and made cocktails and waited about 30 minutes till our table was ready!

Willie G's had to die for chocolate molten cake!!

• 1 month later...

Ok, Galveston residents, how about an update on Fisherman's Wharf....is it open yet???? And what about Harbor House???? Is Willie G's doing well? Inquiring minds want to know! Hope your recovery process in going well, can't wait to come back next month!!!:)

Ok, Galveston residents, how about an update on Fisherman's Wharf....is it open yet???? And what about Harbor House???? Is Willie G's doing well? Inquiring minds want to know! Hope your recovery process in going well, can't wait to come back next month!!!:)

We just returned from a month's vacation (escape!), so not up to date on happenings.

Sky Bar on Post Office opened New Year's eve, is opened 7 days a week and will open for lunch starting Jan. 12th. Saltwater Grill will re open in May, but Mario's on Seawall is preparing some of their menu items.

Harbor House won't be open for awhile. Fisherman's Wharf is interviewing for staff. Opening date not known. Willie G's is going to open as "G's", upscale dining. Opening date not known.

We are making progress

We just returned from a month's vacation (escape!), so not up to date on happenings.

Sky Bar on Post Office opened New Year's eve, is opened 7 days a week and will open for lunch starting Jan. 12th. Saltwater Grill will re open in May, but Mario's on Seawall is preparing some of their menu items.

Harbor House won't be open for awhile. Fisherman's Wharf is interviewing for staff. Opening date not known. Willie G's is going to open as "G's", upscale dining. Opening date not known.

We are making progress

I thought I read that Willie G's (or G's) was open already. Was I misinformed? Good to hear that Fisherman's Wharf is interviewing for staff!:) Every re-opening is a step towards recovery!

Galveston Cruiser:

Me too, I thought Willie G's was already open:confused: I certainly hope the Harbor House is open by Feb 15, since that's when we have our reservations and they are confirmed....thanks for the update and I hope you enjoyed your vacation:)

Donna in OKC

• 5 weeks later...
Does anyone have a firm date yet for the reopening of the Harbor House?

on the website it says they are now open, just no elevators working.....as for eating Willie G's and Fisherman's Wharf are reopened....

Archived