Help me decide my next cruise!

Hi everyone - my husband has given me to go ahead to plan our next cruise...yippie! We want to go in Feb 09 and have a few options from our travel agent. We are traveling with another couple and will do balcony guarantee rooms. Based on our past travels in my signature below and your experiences - what would you recommend? Most of these are new ports to us. Price is all around the same. Thank you!!!

Voyager

Feb 1 - Galv-Coz-GC-MB Jamaica

Feb 8 - Galv-Coz-Roat-Costa M

Carnival Legend

Feb 1 - Tampa-GC-Coz-Roat (is this the super bowl??)

Carnival Conquest

Feb 1 or 8 - Galv-Jam-GC-Coz

Hopefully I got the ports right. We have only cruised out of Miami on our past trips. Any other suggestions???

I'm posting this on Carnival board to avoid any bias.:D

Hi everyone - my husband has given me to go ahead to plan our next cruise...yippie! We want to go in Feb 09 and have a few options from our travel agent. We are traveling with another couple and will do balcony guarantee rooms. Based on our past travels in my signature below and your experiences - what would you recommend? Most of these are new ports to us. Price is all around the same. Thank you!!!

Voyager

Carnival Legend

Carnival Conquest

Hopefully I got the ports right. We have only cruised out of Miami on our past trips. Any other suggestions???

Yes, FEb 1st is the Superbowl.

Hands down I would do the Voyager. It is a gorgeous ship.. But I am biased, I love Royal and if the price is about the same, would never go anywhere else. If fact, we don't even look at any other lines, but now just go exclusively Royal. Honestly, I don't think you would regret it once bit. Lots to do and like I said, it is a beautiful ship.

Voyager

Carnival Legend

I would take either one of these two cruises because I am one of those people who really does not like Jam. Of course, I am loyal to royal so will also say Voyager.

I thought I read somewhere yesterday that Galveston was closed until further notice due to the storm damage.... I could be wrong, but I would check...... which cruise? Anyone is a good one, and good for you...enjoy! My hubby gave me the same news, but I'm planning Nov 2009.... have to finish paying off kitchen remodel first....

We have been on the Voyager twice. We did like it however it is older than Navigator and the balconies are steel ovals. They do not have the glass that the Nav. does. It was a nice enough ship tho'. We have been on Carnival Triumph also. We found the Royal Caribbean ship to be laid out better and the lines seemed to be handled better. Pick which port is easier to get to. Tampa may have better places to extend your vacation if you can. We don't care for Jamaica so the 2 without that port would be my choice. Maybe go to the ports board and look up each island and see what activities you all would like.

I am also loyal to Royal, but any of the Voyager Class ships are beautiful, well layed out, easy to navigate and full of activities for cruisers of any age.

I have not been on Carnival, but have many freinds who have and enjoyed them, but always have enjoyed RCI better. Bottom line, any cruise will be a good time and all of it is subjective to your taste and needs. If you are on vacation and with friends, you will have a blast.

If it were me, I would definitely choose the February 1 itinerary (Voyager). I have never been to any of these ports either, but have had many friends tell me that they enjoy all of them immensley.

Happy Cruising and let us know which you choose.....

Dave

I would agree with the above posters as far as going on an RCCL ship. I don't think there are many lines out there that make you feel as special as RCCL. I sailed Carnival once and will never do it again - even if it is free!!!!! My TA just came back from a Carnival cruise and she also said never again - her friends strong armed her into it and they are now very sorry.

RCCL all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck and happy cruising!!:)

I would choose the Voyager as well. Great ship, tons of activities and options but also plenty of places to just sit back and relax. I'm not a fan of Grand Cayman so I would choose the Feb 8th Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya option.

If you are not from the Tampa area, I would absolutely steer clear of the February 1st sailing of the Legend. Yes, that is the day of the Super Bowl - which is being held in Tampa. Flights and hotels will be at a premium or non-existent and the city could be a mess to transit through that day.

Voyager

Carnival Legend

Carnival Conquest

Personally, I love Roatan, so I would either go for the Feb. 8 sailing of the VOS or the Feb 1 sailing of the CCL Legend. It seems as if you're partial to Galveston, so I'd just take the Voyager unless the price of the Legend is that much less that it would make up for the cost of flights to Tampa.

Come on over to Fort Lauderdale and do the Independence with us Feb 1. sailing to Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. ;)

But if I HAD to choose from the others, I think it's pretty safe to say I would vote for Voyager. :D

Since the OP has been on Navigator and other people mentioned the similarites and differnces, I would also suggest a Freedom class, at a time with less kids if you so choose. If you are limiting yourself to the choices you listed, I am partial to Voyager

Bo Buckeyes, beat Cruisinmama's Nintany Lions.

How about the Adventure of the Seas Feb 1st? There are some pretty good senior citizen discounts right now. I will be getting off that day and I will try to leave the ship in good shape for you:) Debbie

Discounts are good...prob is that we aren't senior citizens. We are in our 30s!!! LOL

Archived