just back from star princess

honestguy

Me and my sister and my parents just returned for aboard the star princess. We had a great time. Overall very good cruise a few minor problems but nothing to ruin a cruise. I thought costa maya was kind of lame, but it has potential beign its a new port and all. dunn river falls made my cruise if your looking for a guide, go to peattaylor.com for 30 buck he takes u to the falls has your ticket allready bought, and takes you on a tour of the island. Very nice man has a nice new modern bus and has his 18 year old son helping. Wish all 18 year olds could be as polite as Oneil was. One thing I ask people though if your 50 pounds or more overwieght please dont wear a bikini. It doesn't look good on u. Its just very disgusting. Its amazing how many people do this. but that aside it was a great cruise cant wait to go again

Honestguy, I LOVE your honesty. I am one of those fat girls that wears a bikini. I know it is gross, but I get really tan to hide the cellulite. Nice comment on peat taylor and his son. Do you need advance reservations, or can you hook up with them on the pier? Thanks, Sungirl

We took the Chockchobben ruins tour at Costa Maya and were not disappointed! There were some things we wished we had bought in Costa Maya that were double in Cozumel. But shopped very little in Costa Maya.

Our only complaint about this cruise was the music selection in the lounges. I realize that there are a wide variety of people on the ship, but the 30-40 somethings were neglected. Nearly fell asleep to a few. Disco was OK--most music geared to teens/20s, though we occasionally found some to dance to. Would have liked a 80s-90s band. But MINOR complaint! Overal, amazing experience!

Kristin

We will be on the Star on Dec 5th.

What night is Island night, please tell me about it?

Is there a hypnotist show?

Did you do Sabatini's or Sterling Steakhouse?

Was room service slow?

We will be sailing with some friends (first time cruisers for them), any suggestions?

We loved everything! (except noted above)

I would compare it to the Mirage in Vegas as far as level of service, food, etc.

No hypnotist.

Never had dinner at alternate dining--enjoyed all our meals, and we had THE BEST tablemates. Heard Sabatini's was comparable to the dining room by couple at our table. Food was superb--I chose a few items I didn't care for, they took it back and gave me another. Comparable to nicer restaurants in town--if they had to serve 2500!

We ordered coffee/fruit each morning, arrived when scheduled.

Don't remember what night was Island night. Big deck party--dancing, games. Fun time.

We are the type that have a good time no matter where we are. No serious complaints. Have stayed at Sahara to Mirage in Vegas. Yes, Mirage nicer, but only complaint about Sahara is location. Have eaten at Circus Circus buffet to Ceasar's buffet; McDonald's to fine dining. Food was somewhere in the middle of these, leaning toward better. Buffet was adequate--only ate there once. Burgers and Pizza was great--lunched/snacked there often.

We had excellent service, great activities, enjoyed our outside room upgrade, beautiful ship, ports were great. Admittedly we have no other cruises to compare it to, but have travelled extensively. It wasn't Pebble Beach resorts--I would expect Crystal to be like that. But it was as nice as any upper-mid range of hotels in Vegas. In my hubby's words "It was amazing!"

Happy cruising!

Kristin

Archived