Safes on CB

geojobes

Thanks for the help & tips, all. We've never lost or left anything in the safes over the years. But, last cruise, I left my travel alarm in the room in plain sight! I just left it on the nightstand, no excuse for that. :(

If memory guides me you choose a 4 digit code .WAIT before leaving safe area code shows up and flashes a few times for anyone to see .

Sometimes safe flies open ..so always check before you leave .

Now that is my son's job even if we are in a rush to leave He checks safe I check cabin door!!!

Also check front door especially if it bangs because it may not shut ..happened to us got warning from steward so now we check!!!

Michele

I much prefer the pin # safes to the card swipe safes. I don't want to carry that card around with me and risk losing it, so what else do you do- hide it in the room? Terrible idea, whoever came up with those.

For the safes that use cards, I use an Albertsons or Winn Dixie "membership" card. If I lose it (which I don't), so what? :D

In my Caribbean Princess cabin the safe was different than the photo by Sandytoes--it had a dial (twist left to lock, right to unlock (after putting in the number)) rather than a button to lock (I forgot to twist it once, but no harm done) and it seemed smaller. But it did use a 4-number PIN.

Archived