Sandhaven at Old Runaway Bay

mikepmcm

I had bookmarked the Sandaven website, when I revisited the site today here's the message I get:

This Account Has Been Suspended Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Looks like their website has defaulted, what else?

Just spent a nice afternoon there last week as a shore excursion from Carib Princess. The surf was a little rough. Plenty of lounge chairs and our trip included lunch which was just so-so. Rum punch was excellent. There were locals who offered some activities, jet ski, horeseback riding, para sailing etc. for a fee. It does seem to be in a run down area though.

we were there last year on the Crown. Nice beach, food ok, drink prices ok. Bathrooms were dirty and old. Not a picturesque ride either; run down areas. We opted for a ships tour this year in Antiqua (5 star catamaran to Bird Island-loved it) since I didn't want to deal with the screaming, swearing taxi folk again who tried to take me to beaches that I didn't want to go to and then got into arguements themselves. I like to get up early and stroll around the pier areas but when I did that in Antiqua, I didn't feel safe for some reason.

• 1 year later...

I got married on Sandhaven and thought it was really pretty. I didn't go swimming obviously, but the drinks at the local restaurant were pretty good. It wasn't very busy at all on the beach when we were there.

Archived