Curious about Navigator cruise

cstrick

I am booked on the February 6th Navigator cruise in the Carribean. As soon as the window opened to book shore excursions I noticed that besides the 10 day cruise there was a 4 day and a 3 day cruise. Is this common to offer smaller segments of the cruise ? I booked right away but wonder if this will affect my choices of shore excursions.

Regent Navigator. You will not see this on the Regent site reservation area but when you make requests for shore excursions it comes up as 10 days, 3 days, and 4 days. I guess that you have to have a reservation to get to the request area. I'm assuming that this cruise didn't sell well so they sold partial cruises to groups. When I called Regent they stated " that some people just wanted to get off early ".

Okay, wow, that's pretty strange. I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm sure it will be fine. Large groups aren't always a great thing, but you may find that if they're just individuals or skall groups, they will be just very grateful for their 3 or 4 days, and jealous of your 10!! I guess it's not a surprise that they would add flexibility like this--I think it's a good idea, actually--I know they recently took a leg of the Mariner Ring of Fire and allowed it to be split into two for a small group who want the shorter segment.

Archived